22. You want to see me? (Alcyone + Naga)

You are nobody special, yet I always notice you. We rarely converse, and being casual classmates with you is enough for me. I thought we would always stay as classmates throughout our school years.

I am quite shocked to find out we will be in different classrooms in our second year in this school.

How can I accept not seeing you as frequently as I want?

Without thinking about it clearly, I invite you for a talk. Now that we are here, alone behind the school's building, what should I tell you?

Please wait as I try to formulate the answer.

"It's okay. I don't have anything to do, so take as much time as you need," telling me with a laugh, you wait patiently for me

I can't thank you enough for your patience. Unfortunately, I still don't know what to say. Shall I ask you to be my friend? Shall I ask you to be my...boyfriend?

That's a bit too much, I think.

"Speaking of which, I think I have seen you around. Sorry, I don't remember your name," after waiting for some time, you tell me

"It's okay. The reason you saw me around is because we were classmates in our first year. This year, we will be in different classrooms. That's the main reason I ask you to meet me here right now, actually," after an explanation, I finally sheepishly introduce myself, "My name is Alcyone. Nice to meet you, Naga,"

"Nice to meet you, Alcyone," grinning, you greet me and call my name, "What do you mean by calling me here because we will be in different classrooms?"

"That's," after fumbling slightly, I tell you, "Because I want to see you,"

"You want to see me?" unusually, you look alarmed

"Yes," without understanding your sudden caution, I nod my head, "I mean, just the thought of not being able to see you is...unacceptable, maybe,"

You laugh at my words because you find it funny. After calming down enough, you ask me, "Are you saying you will miss me?"

"That's right," I nod my head again as I agree with your words

"Really," you widen your eyes in surprise, "I don't think anyone would pay any attention to me at all,"

Recalling your interaction with other people, I have to agree, "A lot of people overlook you, don't they?"

"That's how I want it to be though," saying so, you tilt your head, "Yet, it seems like you still take notice of me,"

That's how you want it to be? I see. You want to quietly live your life? "Do I bother you by noticing you?"

"I don't really mind, although I can't say I am not surprised," laughing lightly, you ask me something unexpected, "May I take your interest in me as something more than mere curiosity?"

An interest that is not a mere curiosity? What kind of interest is that?

"Shouldn't you already know that? The reason you ask me to meet you is not just to introduce yourself and tell me you take notice of me, is it?" with an enigmatic smile, you encourage me to say something that I thought of

I have a feeling if I say that, I would get laugh at. Yet, if we part away just like this, will I have the courage to see you later? Even if the answer is not what I want, acknowledging the reality may be the best.

With that said, "I think I like you. Will you be someone important to me?"

You do laugh at me. Even if I expect it, hearing you laugh still makes me burn with shame. The tears are also going to drop. It's no good. I have to hold the tears back.