26. parents, thank you (Lasperi + Torao)

A day before I officially enter the Wafers Middle School division as a first-year student, I receive a gift from my Dad. He gives me a wrapped game disk.

"It's the last one, they say," Dad tells me while referring to the clerk of the store, "There's a girl who looks like you, so I bought it,"

"Thanks, Dad," giving Dad a sweet smile, I hug him and then excuse myself to try out the game while Mom scolds Dad for giving me something 'useless'

Inside my room, I tear the wrapper and take a look at the cover of the case. There are two girls who look like twins. They don't look like me at all though. Turning the case, I skim the synopsis and look at the image.

"Ah, there it is," in the small boxes of the game's images, there is a girl who looks quite similar to me. Older in age and shorter in hair are the only difference.

"Even our name is the same," I shake my head in disbelief as I read the synopsis again. The synopsis says that I am the bad guy. The Villainess.

"A story decipher Twin Sisters who enrol to Wafers High School division," which is a real school! Wow, this game is quite realistic, "Umm... A super simple and standard romantic otome game. The plot doesn't look deep,"

Having said my opinion, I open the case and see the inside cover. There are six guys to choose from, three per sister. Hmm... None of the guys looks like my type.

The Twin Sisters look the same but have different personalities. Isn't that a given? "As for that girl who seems to be me... What does she do?"

Wanting to find out about it, I decide to play the game real quick. I want to go to sleep early so I can wake up early tomorrow~

26.

What's this?! What's that?! Why is that girl who looks like me and share the same name with me in that game so annoying?!

"Isn't it fine to just ignore them if you're not interested?! Why are you being so stubborn and dumb about it?" I scold the girl in that game who is talking about how the world is unfair to her, even though she is just a selfish girl who doesn't think! "Get a reality check, you!!"

"I think you should get a reality check too, Lasperi,"

Startled, I drop the controller. Turning to the door, I find one very annoyed Mom. With a sheepish laugh, I greet her, "Hi, Mom. Am I being too noisy?"

"You are quite noisy, but that's not the problem," Mom rolls her eyes when I let out a relieved sigh, "Check the time,"

"Time? Let's see... Oh, wow, it's past midnight already?" I feel dread when I realise what will happen next. I haven't finished the game yet!

"Sleep, Lasperi," Mom walks in and picks up the controller to me, "Save your game and go to sleep,"

Save the game first? "Will do that. Thanks, Mom," I grin at Mom, still sheepish

Mom waits until I save the game and turn it off. Taking the disk and the case, Mom leaves my room. As I stare at Mom blankly, Mom stands at the door and tells me, "Until you graduate Middle School, I will confiscate this game,"

I gasp, covering my mouth to keep in the shocked scream. Standing up, I whine, "Mom...!"

"You are still young," Mom says sagely, "Enjoy your youth first before immersing yourself in game,"

I glance briefly at the game console.

"I will clean your room tomorrow and put the game discs away," Mom knows what I am silently asking, "You will put the console away yourself,"