29. +Growth and -Conflict (Mako + Shuya)

Mako is here~

Today is the day I am going to Shuya's middle school reunion. For some reason, Shuya is not enthusiastic at all.

"I feel like Mako will find me foolish if we go there," even though we have already promised to go, Shuya still thinks of changing his mind

That excuses he gives is not convincing at all, "I do find you foolish, sometimes," I remind him

Shuya's shoulders drop further, "Even so..."

I am already dressed up. It will be a waste if we don't go. Let's get moving!

"We can go on a date, only the two of us," Shuya holds my hand while suggesting that with a hope I will change my mind along with him

I stare at him, silently. Shuya surrenders, "Okay. Let's go to the reunion,"

That's more like it.

29.

Shuya's middle school friends... They are rude, just like how Shuya used to be.

I listen as they comment on how quiet Shuya has become. Shuya does his best to steer me away from his middle school friends, who do their best to talk to me. They are fascinated that Shuya would ask someone such as me to be his girlfriend.

Hmm... Contrary to my expectation, this reunion is not fun at all.

"I told you," Shuya mumbles, feeling grumpy from an off-hand remark by his middle school friend

"The star is not here yet," I remind Shuya, willing to give this reunion another chance

"Star?" Shuya furrows his eyebrows in confusion, "Who..." and as he realises who I mean, Shuya groans audibly, "Mako... That..."

That woman who is interested in Shuya. If they plan to capture my boyfriend, then as a future lawyer, it is my job to defend my boyfriend!

Besides, I want to see that woman named Beni with my own eyes. Comparing her to Sakura, who is better?!

Of course, Sakura is definitely way better than her.

Because...! Shuya was interested in Sakura, not Beni! Ha! Take that!

There is also another woman named Orihime whom I want to see in person. She seems to be Shuya's type. Although Shuya chooses me as his girlfriend instead.

It's because Shuya loves me~

Yes, I am smug to be loved by Shuya.

Because I know Shuya's feeling, I can calmly ignore others' doubts. Say whatever they want. None of them would be able to change Shuya or my feeling for each other.

"Mako's confidence is really amazing," Shuya smiles at me fondly, as he pasess me a plate of pudding

I give him a sweet smile for what he does, "Thank you~" for the praise and the pudding

Coconut flavoured pudding tastes good. I eat diligently as I scan the people attending this reunion party. Orihime and Beni... Because I have seen their middle school photos, I figure I will be able to recognise them on first sight. However, there have been no results!

Beni, I know she is late. What about Orihime?

"You should give up on them," Shuya suggests, without really meaning it

"Isn't it fine if I just take a look?" I pout at Shuya, nudging him with my elbow, "Help me with this. Make use of your height,"

"I don't want them to think I am looking for them," Shuya rejects my request with a sound reason