IT'S NOW OR NEVER

The afternoon breeze calmly flowed through the small, quiet town situated in the midst of vast woodland, surrounded by towering hills. There, on a lone and empty street were two bystanders, slowly making their way down the desolate road.

They suddenly turned into a narrow alleyway and proceeded down to the end, where a secret door was hidden beside a dumpster and stacked boxes. One of them stepped up and knocked with a certain pattern before stepping back.

The barely visible eye slot on the dirty door slid to the side, a pair of dark sockets peering out at them, looking side to side at them both. Satisfied with their examination, the slot side back with a low thud and the sounds of locks being undone was heard coming from inside.

The rusty metal door was then opened as it went inwards, the metal screeching as it did, until it was completed open to welcome it's new guests.

The two stepped inside, the door closing back in place and the locks being reinforced as to keep any unwanted individuals outside.

"Please, this way, ladies," the escorted spoke with playfulness and familiarity in his tone. All three walked deeper into the building, going through another door which led into a more brighter and wider space.

Shelves filled with products pertaining to food, personal hygiene, entertainment materials, toys and many other genres was all that was in the room, making it obvious what type of building it was.

"They've been in the staff room waiting for you, it's best if you didn't make them wait any longer than they have...especially him..." the tall, skinny male grinded his teeth, showing his annoyance.

Walking past the cashier counter, they push through the door to the employee break room, revealing the person or persons behind this sudden meeting.

"Ahh~ If it isn't my old friend, Saiko. You've been a hard person to find in such a small village, I almost thought you skipped town the way how you were avoiding me," Erik sat smugly in the middle of the round table, Renka and a still recovering Sosuke sitting by his sides.

"Thank you, Yuriko, I know I could've counted on you," he smiled at the second girl who came with her. "*Sigh* No problem, at least I don't owe you now..." she crossed her arms, leaning against the wall.

"What do you want, bastard? I thought I told you not to talk to me again," she spat venom at him, glaring with deep hatred. "Oh, come on now, Saiko. I understand we had our fare share of differences in the past, but I swear, everything I did was for us, all of us!" he extended his arms for more emphasis.

"Yeah right, keep your lies to yourself, you selfish fuck, and if this is the reason you called me all the way over here, then I'm leaving. After this, do not call me under any circumstances...I'm sick of your crap..." she turned around and started to make her way over to the door.

"Wait, Saiko! There's more!" Renka sat up from her chair, making her pause while turning the door knob. "Oh yeah? I'm sure it doesn't concern me one bit," "On the contrary, it does, it concerns all of us, down to the very last outlaw situated here," Erik spoke up.

Saiko, still with her back turned to the five individuals, dressed back from the door and asked, "What are you talking about?" "You are free to come back to the table and sit down so that I can explain it to you, or you could walk out that door and never have to see or hear from me again. Your choice," Erik's voice had lost it's cockiness, and now reflected that of serious and urgent business.