GONE BY DUSK

The scribblings of Midoriya's pencil was the only thing that could be heard within his space.

With a blank page he had torn out of a book, he was going off his memories, drawing a makeshift map of the surrounding area. For the past couple of days, he had been perfecting the measurements and scales one would need for an actual map.

It wasn't easy and he definitely screwed up a couple parts, but this was more than perfect to navigate where he was going.

He had left Himiko in the dark about this. In fact, she didn't have the slightest clue that he had made this instrument. He was afraid, unsure what she would think or do if she had caught him with it.

He loved her, he truly did, no matter if the circumstances forced him to. He had grown fond of her and their little life together out in the woods, but at the same time, he had other responsibilities that he needed to stay true to. He didn't know how he was going to do it without raising suspicion or making her feel insecure, but he was going to finally pop the question to her.

"Himiko...is it alright if I go back to the city?"

He had been rehearsing different versions of that line in his head, thinking about ways he could tell her casually and not come off as trying to "leave her." But whenever he thought about her reaction towards these questions, he always pictured her face full of despair and anguish. How she'd cry and hold onto him for dear life, asking if she had done something wrong and if he wanted to throw her away.

Over-exaggerated, he knew, but at the same time, he knew for a fact that it would tear her to pieces. Going back to the city and getting caught by the authorities was a jail sentence for her, possibly for life or in a mental asylum for the crimes she had committed, meaning he'd most likely go back alone. He started to push the pencil even harder against the page as he's emotions began to get the better of him.

He knew he shouldn't have done what he did with her. He knew that he had to go back to his old life no matter how much she loved him and that deepening their relationship would somehow hurt them both in the end.

After all, a hero and a villain couldn't possibly-

*Snap* Due to the amount of force being pushed upon the pencil, it's lead broke, removing him from his thoughts.

Taking a pause and sighing to himself, Izuku sat back to examine his work. So far, the map was coming together splendidly, showing off different trails, roads and landmarks that he would have used to steer him in the right direction when he was on his journey. And to think, all of this wouldn't have been possible without Saiko's help...

.

.

.

.

"Wait, Midoriya!" Saiko exclaimed in a plead, stopping him in his tracks. Slowly, Izuku turned to face her, an confused, but attentive expression upon his face. Gathering a large amount of air within her lungs, she sighed, a little de-stress before stepping forward, her dark boots crunching down on dry grass beneath them as she got closer, her eyes not daring to leave the ground.

Step by step, she walked up the stairs and paused in front of Midoriya, her dark, blank eyes staring deep into his, giving him an uneasy feeling. "Actually..." she began, her hands reaching for the straps of her mask and pulling them apart.

"There is...something I need to talk to you about..." her real voice came through perfectly as she brought the mask down from her face, exposing the worried frown that was hiding behind it.

Skeptical, Midoriya asked what was it about, right before a loud bang came from inside the house, causing them to turn their heads in a flash. "Hold on. First, we can't talk here," she spoke softly, trying to conceal her voice while cautiously eyeing the front door.