Chapter 43

Kasey's POV

September 12, 2019

"Guess who's homeee!" Ben called out as he opened the door to our apartment, adjusting one of his bags on his shoulder. There was a silence as we made our way inside.

"Spoiler alert: it's us!" I chipped in, dropping my bags. Our apartment was still silent.

"Where is everyone? Maybe we're just not missed," Ben joked, and I laughed, before letting out a yawn. I was a little exhausted from the traveling we'd done today, but I was so happy to finally be home. After wrapping up filming in New Jersey, Ben and I had taken a quick trip down to Cape Cod. I'd been many times since Boston was pretty close, and my cousins had a house on Martha's Vineyard that they let us stay at. It was beautiful as always, and a great way to unwind after finally being done with filming. 

"Oh, hey guys! We were just up on the rooftop. Looks like we're just in time," Dan said, strolling in through the door with Mike and Josh. 

"We thought you guys just hated us," Ben laughed, and Ben and I quickly exchanged hugs with the three of them. "Didya miss us?"

"More than anything!" Josh said cheerfully. "August was lonely without you guys but I can't wait to hear about everything."

"Will you guys still be our friends once you're movie-star famous?" Mike joked and we giggled. 

"Promise we will," I assured.

"Now. Where is he?" Ben demanded. None of us had to even think to know who he was talking about. 

"Well C-" Before Dan could continue, Casey walked through the door with Hammer running in front. He started barking vigorously, and Ben bent down to greet the tiny dog. He practically jumped into Ben's arms, and started happily licking him over and over. 

"Aw, Hammer! I missed you little guy. So much." Ben kissed the top of Hammer's head.

"It's safe to say he missed you too," Casey laughed. Ben and I had barely been able to see Hammer much this summer with our busy schedules and being away. Luckily, we had the best friends in the world who always took such good care of him. I smiled at the happy greeting, and grabbed my phone to snap a quick picture. 

(authors note: LOL why does hammer look so funny in this i just realized and its making me laugh)

Once Hammer was satisfied with the welcome, he settled down and Ben and I put our bags away and we moved into the living room to chat with everyone. I half paid attention to the conversation as I snuggled with Hammer. 

"So you start West Side Story rehearsals soon, right Ben?"

"Yeah! Monday actually. It's crazy," Ben nodded. 

"Exciting stuff!" Josh clapped his hands together. "What about you, Kasey? What's up for you next?"

"I wish I knew," I shrugged and gave a small smile. "Still waiting to hear back from some auditions and stuff. Don't have a lot of hopes, though."