Chapter 24

Ben's POV

November 28, 2017

"Turns out Ben Cook can actually cook," Nikhil remarked, and I laughed as I took out the banana bread from the oven. The Airbnb I was sharing with some of my cast in DC had a spacious kitchen, as if it was for a professional chef. We were all taking advantage of it, it was nice to be able to make your favorite foods, especially being away from home. Our little cast had already become somewhat of a family, I was thankful for all of them. From Segwaying around the city to backstage SuperMario tournaments, we'd made a lot of memories in such a short time, and I was excited to make more on broadway in the coming year.

"Are you guys done being grandmas? Can we go to the party?" Kevin complained from the couch, and Cheech agreed.

"Hey, baking is enjoyed by many people of all ages. No banana bread for you guys," I shook my head, and they both laughed.

"Alright, party time," Nikhil announced, and we all got ready to head out the door. A few of the cast had organized a closing party of sorts, since our last show was next week. I had enjoyed every second of being in DC, but our last show was on December 3rd. We decided to walk to Erika's Airbnb, it was a 5 minute walk but it was freezing. I rubbed my hands once i got inside, trying to gain feeling back and warm up. I looked around at everyone talking, dancing, and drinking. There was lots of food.

"Ben baby, it's about time you're here. It's time to get drunk," DeMarius popped up out of nowhere, grabbing my shoulders and lightly shaking me. He had clearly already starting drinking, and I laughed.

"Okay, okay, I'll have a drink in a minute. I wanted to call Kase-"

"Do it later. There's a beer with your name on it," he pleaded, and started dragging me towards the party, and I obliged, hesitantly. I hadn't spoken to her at all today, and I had really been missing her. I was feeling that sort of sadness in my heart today, wishing she was here with me. Everything seemed to remind me of her, and the pains of long distance were strong today. Well, I guess that's what drinking's for. I grabbed a beer to start with, and sat on a couch and talked with Barrett and Grey for awhile. DeMarius then sat down on the couch next to me, putting an arm around me.

"You're quiet tonight, Benny. I think you need to drink more," he jabbed mischievously. I rolled my eyes.

"I think you need to drink less," I joked, and he chuckled. However, it looked like DeMarius was going to get his wish, as Taylor pulled out a drinking game, Never Have I Ever. After about an hour and a couple of shots, I was definitely getting tipsy, and a little bit more in the mood.

"Let's see.... I'm not gonna use cards anymore, that's boring. Never have I ever.... tripped Barrett Wilbert Weed and caused her a nose bleed during soundcheck," Ashley called out loudly, staring at me and giggling. I shook my head as everyone laughed and chattered.  Yeah, not my proudest moment.

"C'mon Ash, that's a direct callout. No fair. And that was an accident," I shook my head and everyone laughed. I took another shot as everyone watched, and they cheered. I used Sprite as a chaser.

"Payback, Benji," Barrett winked. Ashley continued to directly call out people with funny moments to get everyone to drink. The alcohol was finally hitting me hard, and I was laughing and having a good time. Ashley called me out 2 more times- once for spilling my Dr. Pepper in a restaurant, and once more for falling asleep on the Metro and missing my stop. 2 more shots, and I was definitely feeling it now. I sat on the couch next to Taylor and Kate, and Ashley had turned her game into Truth or Dare. Just now, she got Erika to admit that she had a crush on Kyle, and the whole room was freaking out. I smiled as Erika was blushing and Kyle was laughing from across the room. Regardless of how they felt about each other, they definitely had some sort of chemistry.