Chapter 10

Ben's POV

June 21, 2015

Kasey gasped and ran towards him, wrapping him up in a big embrace. She's hugging him. Why is she hugging him? I thought Dylan had hurt her. Why is he here? Why is she happy while hugging him? My brain was trying to process this, but I couldn't figure it out.

"What are you doing here?" Kasey laughed cheerfully.

"I'm headed to work! Glad I could catch you," he smiled. They walked back towards me.

"Ben, this is Bryce, my oldest brother!" Kasey gestured towards him. Instant relief swept over me, and I realized I'd overreacted anyway. I am so stupid. I'd never met Kasey's brothers, but I'd seen some pictures of them. I guess their faces hadn't stuck in my mind. I was kind of embarrassed that I'd even gotten jealous, no matter who the person was.

"Nice to meet you! I've heard great things about you," I smiled and shook his hand.

"Same here!" he flashed a smile back, and us three chatted for a bit. He was funny and I recognized some of the same personality traits Kasey and him shared.

"Alright I gotta run, but see ya tomorrow K-dawg," he grinned again. Kasey rolled her eyes, smiling, and playfully muttered "stop".

"Don't call me that, ew. See ya soon... B-dizzle," she smirked while waving and then smiled at me. "Old nicknames," she explained and we laughed and headed back to the hotel, walking this time.

-

June 23, 2015

"Help! I need a safe adult!" Johnny cried out as Kasey and Morgan tickled him viciously, all while laughing. "Safe" and "unsafe" adults had been a weird joke among the cast for awhile that had been started by Johnny and Vincent. They dubbed the "safe" and "unsafe" adults based on who they thought fit with their made up criteria. I was a "safe adult in training", which I suppose was a good thing.

"Safe adult to the rescue!" Melissa started to pry Morgan away.

"Ben, I need help! You're a safe adult in training, this is good practice!" Melissa waved me over. I laughed, and began to pry Kasey off, so Johnny could finally stand back up.

"You guys just saved me," Johnny panted.

"Yeah sorry about that, I need to watch these children more closely," Melissa glared at Morgan and Kasey, but we were all laughing. As we were talking about our future schedule for next week, Sky slowly creeped his way into the doorway, and then whispered, "Johnny". Right before Johnny turned around, Sky was already running down the hall. Johnny quickly ran after him, yelling "Skyyyy!".

"I gotta go stop this. He's gonna be too influenced by the unsafe adults," Melissa sighed and jogged out of the room, with Morgan following behind while laughing, leaving us alone. Kasey was still laying on the floor after being pried away, and she flashed a smile at me from her upside angle. I hoisted her up to a sitting position as she giggled "oh stop that tickles".

"Oh that tickles? Does it really? Hm?" I smirked as I tickled her for real this time, and she squealed and tried to squirm away. We were both laughing and I kissed her. We both fell silent for a few seconds, just enjoying our little embrace. It was opening night in Boston, and I was in a good mood. Kasey's family and best friend was coming to the show, and then we were all going out to dinner.

"Soooo," I smirked. She raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"I know that look, what did you do this time? And good or bad?" Kasey guessed.

"Nothing bad, I promise! Just a super fun date night planned. But it's a surprise, and it's for next week. I'm just excited," I laughed.

"Ben! That's so sweet, thank you so much." She smiled excitedly.