Chapter 12

Kasey's POV

August 14, 2015

As the summer went on, I worked on trying to live my life without Ben, and honestly- it wasn't going well. Nothing had changed since the night we'd broken up, we haven't even spoken to each other. I was so angry at myself for ruining things. I didn't know how to make it right. How could I even explain to him? I'd convinced myself that I was fully ready for anything, but all the fears came back to me that night and I just ran. I was scared of getting hurt, but that fear had just ended up hurting us both. I was finally trying to accept the fact that I couldn't save the relationship and just live my life. It hurt more than anything. It hurt me to think that he could be hurt.

In my spare time, I hung out with cast mates as usual. I danced a little when there was studio space, but it didn't feel the same. I didn't feel the same. Currently, I was in PT with Gena, along with Nick, Jordan and JP. I was currently rolling out on the floor with JP, Jordan was laying down, getting his shoulder worked on, and Nick was just being annoying while waiting. I felt my muscles start to relax and relieve themselves as I rolled out and scrolled through some fan edits and posts from fan accounts I was tagged in on Instagram.

I was enjoying it until I came across an old picture of Ben and I from his birthday, doing the Charlie's Angels pose, with finger guns, back to back. The caption was "I miss seeing photos of these two, I wish they'd post more together!!". The sinking feeling was coming back as I stared at it longer and longer. As I sat there, thoughts raced through my head. Maybe he'll talk to me and we can get back together. Maybe it'll all work out. Maybe I can just- I was snapped back to my relaxed state by the sound of JP's infectious laugh. I flicked my eyes up, noticing Nick was drumming on Jordan's chest gently, as Jordan let out obnoxious sounds so his voice went up and down. Gena was angry, but smiling and shaking her head. I giggled and took out my phone to record all of this, and put it on Twitter.

"Out, you." She gestured to Nick, and he reluctantly left the room, laughing.

"How's that knee Kasey?" Gena asked as Jordan started to leave, moving his shoulder around.

"Still a little sore," I admitted. I had done a little too much dancing in my free time along with the show, overworking my knee. I'd always had problems with this knee and sometimes I forgot to be careful. She waved me over and assessed my knee.

"I'm thinking some dry needling will help. Don't worry-it's not as bad as it sounds," She assured me after she saw my worried face. As Gena prepared, Nick had somehow made his way back in and offered me his hand to squeeze, which I graciously took as she started sticking in the needles. It hurt a little, but after it was done my knee was feeling a little better.

"Good as new," Nick winked, and JP high fived me. I smiled as they joked around with me. They love you, I told myself. I was always surrounded by people who loved me here, and I needed to realize that. I knew it would never be the same as what I had with Ben, but I still had some of the greatest friends ever.

-

Ben's POV

As tour went on, I tried to just move on and live a normal life. I just wanted to pretend the relationship never happened and just enjoy tour. It wasn't working, everyday I woke up and felt sad. Everyday I woke up and wondered, where did it all go wrong? I'll always love Kasey, even if she didn't feel the same. I missed her laugh. I missed her lame puns. I missed her soft hands to hold. I missed knowing her better than anyone else. I still did, but she wasn't mine anymore. I kept myself busy by hanging out with my friends, and thoroughly exploring the cities we went to. I occasionally saw Kasey backstage, and I tried to ignore it as best as I could, no matter how much my heart ached. It was easy for awhile, but as time went on, I realized it hurt more and more. Miraculously, no one had really asked me about it-they either hadn't figured it out, or didn't want to say anything.