Chapter 28

Kasey's POV

June 28, 2018

I took a sip of my water and wiped the sweat off my face, and stared around the room. I was in my last class of the day. So far, this summer had consisted of constant dancing and preparing to be a principal dancer for next season. It was absolutely exhausting, but my instructors were impressed and confident in my abilities, which was encouraging to hear. Apparently I'm doing something right.

"Kasey, can we go over that pas de deux section again?" Zane asked me. I nodded and took one more sip of water. Zane would be my pas de deux partner for the next season, so we'd spent a lot of our class time working together. I'd met him at the beginning of the summer, and he'd managed to make me uncomfortable every day since. He was a few years older than me and he had dark hair and tanned skin. He was one of those guys who had a massive ego and was convinced everyone thought he was hot or something. He made typical sexual remarks, and he constantly joked about us going on dates, saying we were "perfect for each other". Even after finding out I had a boyfriend, he wouldn't stop. I'd try my best to ignore him, but spending a whole ballet season with him was going to be aggravating. But hey, at least I'll be a principal dancer. I finally put my water bottle down and went over to him so we could do a run through. We went through the entrée section, and then began Adagio. He held me as I turned, and his hands seem to travel lower than my waist. Maybe I'm just overly tired, but this does not seem like an accident. We moved into the lift and everything seemed to go smoothly. I was probably reading too much into things since I was already not fond of him. After about half an hour, class was finally over and I grabbed my bag and went to leave with Addie.

"See you Monday gorgeous," Zane called out, and I turned to see him wink and blow a kiss. I rolled my eyes and shortly said "Bye".

"That man is 24 and he seriously can't keep it in his pants," Addie remarked and I cackled.

"I'm so glad you decided to take these summer classes with me. I'd be lost without you," I put my arm around her as we walked. We parted ways, and I walked through the streets of Boston, mentally deciding whether or not to get coffee. My phone started ringing, and I pulled it out to see Sky calling.

"Long time no talk Skybell," I smiled as I picked up.

"Sure has been. Hey question, what do you usually do around this time in Boston? It's for a research project."

"You're not even gonna try this time? God, you're the worst liar I've ever met. What do you actually want?" I heard stifled laughter on the other end and Sky sigh.

"Okay fine I was gonna try to surprise you but I'm no good at that. So yeah. I'm in Boston. With some friends. Surprise!"

"Are you actually?" he confirmed he was, and my heart exploded from excitement. This summer had been feeling extra lonely, I was missing my friends and Ben a lot. It would be nice to see a friend. He told me where he was, which was only about 20 minutes from where I was. I took a subway to meet him in Back Bay. I left the station and walked out to see Sky and his girlfriend, Marie.

"Ah, it's the long lost Miss Clumsy!" he smirked.

"You're never gonna let me live that down, huh?"

"Never. Especially since you missed my birthday party," he shook his head in disappointment, jokingly. He'd had a surprise party back in March, planned by Marie. I was stuck in Boston unfortunately.

"Was the FaceTime call not enough?" I pouted and he laughed, hugging me. I greeted Marie, who I'd only had the chance to meet a couple of times, but she was always super sweet.

"What are you doing in Boston?"

"Well some special friends had the idea to come visit you. Because they missed you. And we joined them."