Chapter 18

Kasey's POV

The month of January began to go by fast, meaning Ben was leaving soon- January 31st. He had finally officially announced it already, and many fans were sad, but supportive. I embraced every last moment I had with Ben. When you see each other everyday, your relationship gets pretty serious in such a short amount of time. It almost scared me, I was only 17. But I think I've found my soulmate. It was going to feel weird to be apart.

"He- Oh gee, sorry. I'd say get a room but you're in a room," Josh joked as he came into the hotel room, interrupting our little makeout session. We both laughed, but my cheeks flushed up, embarrassed. Things had been getting a little more intense between Ben and I, and it had me thinking.

"I'm just gonna be a second, I'm looking for my wallet," Josh conversed. He found his wallet after a few seconds, said goodbye, and left the room. My mind wandered back to what I was just thinking about. We hadn't had sex yet. Neither of us had, and we both agreed in the beginning of our relationship to wait until we were both ready. I had never connected to someone this much in such a short amount of time. We understood each other emotionally very well, and with everything that happened this year, we'd both been through so much already. I was comfortable with the intimacy we had. I was comfortable with Ben, so I didn't see any point in waiting much longer, as long as we both were ready.

"Watcha thinking about, love?" Ben smiled at me, gently stroking my cheek. I smiled.

"Hey, do you think we're ready?" I questioned, looking into his eyes. He looked confused at first, but then he realized what I meant.

"Oh. I mean. Yeah, I think I'm ready, as long as you are," Ben smirked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah. I'm ready," I grinned.

"Alright, alright," he said in a playful tone. "We'll find some time to sneak away. What made you decide?"

"We've come so far in such a short time. You saw me at my worst, extremely vulnerable, very early into our relationship. We've both been able to open up to each other emotionally first, before opening up physically. I really appreciate that. I trust you more than anyone. We've become so close so fast, but none of our relationship was driven by lust. We  learned to love each other first, the most important part of the relationship. And- yeah," I explained. A big smile spread across Ben's face, and he grabbed my waist, pulling me on top of him and embracing me.

"I love you more than you could ever know, Kase," he whispered, gently running his hands through my hair. I closed my eyes and smiled.

"I don't know how I got so lucky." I slowly drifted off to sleep in his arms, sitting in comfortable silence. Our relationship was so genuine, I'm glad we could have these conversations and we could actually be good at communication.

-

January 31, 2016

It was one of those days where you wake up, and immediately your heart sinks. The dreaded day was finally here, Ben's last show for Newsies ever, and basically his last day on tour. I planned to spend the whole day with him, I wanted every last moment I could get with him. I had slept in pretty late, and I checked the time, noticing it was already 12 pm. After getting dressed and ready, I went to meet up with Ben, Josh, Sky, and Kaitlyn for lunch. We all joked around together for the last time, with Ben at least. We also discussed what Ben and Josh could get for their new apartment. Obviously Josh wouldn't live there until he was done with tour, but he was taking a few days off to go back to NYC with Ben to get all moved in.

"Ooo you should get a dog!" Kaitlyn suggested.

"That's not a piece of furniture,"Josh joked, and we all laughed.