Chapter 17

Kasey's POV

I closed my eyes and soaked in the warm fresh air, feeling the sun beat down on my shoulders. The air smelled of sweet cinnamon, cotton candy, and pizza. A weird but pleasant combination. My eyes snapped back open when I heard Wren speak.

"I wanna meet Elsa and Anna and Olaf," she pouted, crossing her arms. Meredith and Steve were gently telling her to be patient. It was a beautiful day out and not too crowded at Disney World. So far we had been going around meeting different characters, my favorite interaction was with Peter Pan. At this point, we all started to split up into groups, I stayed with Ben, Josh, Sky DeMarius, Nico, and Kaitlyn. After riding some roller coasters, we decided to take a break and get something to eat, pineapple Dole whip.

"I can't believe you screamed like that Nico, it wasn't even that big of a drop," Josh teased before taking a sip of water.

"Oh yeah? I'd like to see you go on a spinning ride then," Nico challenged, knowing Josh hated any sort of spinning. I laughed as they continued to mess around, and Kaitlyn and I talked about what we wanted to buy in the gift shop. After some more eating, we took a bunch of pictures to post on Instagram. We were able to go on a lot more rides, since the lines weren't too long. We finished with dinner in one of their many iconic restaurants. I'd only been to Disney once, so I really enjoyed today. In the car ride back to the hotel, TiK ToK by Kesha came on and we made our Uber driver turn it up so we could all sing along, loudly. As we walked into the lobby, I noticed Ben seemed distant, probably thinking about what to do, he still hasn't decided. I was mentally preparing myself to be able to handle a long distance relationship.

"Hey, Jordan's got his Xbox hooked up if you guys want to come play. He wants to do some sort of tournament," Morgan invited us, as she was getting coffee in the lobby.

"Sure sounds great! We'll see you in bit," Ben said, and Morgan walked back up to the room. Ben let out a long sigh. I studied him carefully.

"You alright?"

"Yeah. I think- I think I finally know what I want to do actually." he sat down on the couch in the lobby, and I sat down next to him, staring at the ground.

"I think I'm gonna take the opportunity and go for Tuck. It's just a beautiful little show and it's a project I really want to be part of. And I know it's gonna be hard to be apart but I've been thinking for awhile and it just feels right-"

"Hey, hey. I am SO proud of you, and I'm really glad you're saying yes. You're gonna go so far, this is just the beginning," I interrupted him, and I stared into his eyes grinning, and he blushed and smiled.

"We'll work this out, we can handle this. I'm not giving up on you this easy," I promised. He wrapped his arm around me, pulling me close to him. He kissed me softly.

"I love you Kasey," he looked at me. "We can get through anything together." I nodded in agreement.

"We still have a couple months at least," I said as we stood up and starting walking towards the elevator.

"That's right! Also, don't tell anyone yet, I still have to finalize everything."

"Of course. I love ya Benji," I sighed, grabbing his hand as we stepped into the elevator.

-

December 11, 2015

Today was Ben's birthday, and we had all planned a surprise party for him after tonight's show. I was supposed to keep him preoccupied all day so that they could set up and avoid him finding out. Although it was cold in Chicago, I had a planned a day full of exploring. The first stop was the Bean, where we took the usual iconic photos. We then went to the Museum of Science, did a little Christmas shopping, and just looked at the lights and and scenery around us. Then, we decided to try ice skating at Millennium Park. I'd only skated twice when I was younger, Ben had been more recently luckily. We made our way onto the ice and Ben had to practically hold me up so I wouldn't fall. After getting the hang of it, we were able to skate side by side.