Chapter 4

Kasey's POV

October 11, 2014

The week of previews flew by, with each performance run well with only a few kinks. It was just previews, and I was already dropped down on my bed, dead tired each night. I couldn't even imagine how tired everyone else was, and how tiring the rest of the tour would be. Not that I was complaining of course, because I was living my dream. I wouldn't want it any other way. I loved Newsies. I loved our cast. It was everything I'd expected it to be. Every day was a Starbucks run with Mrs. Rosenthal, and we continued that ritual today, opening night. We would take everyone's orders, and just head over to Starbucks. This time, we were joined with Anthony, Celia, and Vincent. The only conversation topic we ever discussed was tonight, opening night. We shared out our nervous feelings, our excited feelings, and any other emotions we felt.

"I think my favorite part of previews was when Josh tripped in the towers," Anthony told us, and we laughed.

"But what about my bad voice crack?" I pointed out, causing all of us to laugh again.

"And Jacob's suspenders almost falling off."

"And then there were the line mess ups."

"And I will never forget Jon falling off his chair during rehearsal." We couldn't stop laughing over our mess ups as we waited in the Starbucks line. People were staring around us, some rolling their eyes, hinting that they wanted us to stop. We didn't. I don't know why we were laughing so hard, it was probably because we were all so tired.

"Here's your peach iced tea Kasey!" Mrs. Rosenthal presented me my drink as if it was a magical wand, doing the same for all of us.

"A toast to opening night," I joked, holding up my drink.

"Cheers!" We all bumped our drinks together, laughing. Giddy with excitement, Anthony and Vincent shouted at random cars outside passing by to come see newsies.

"Come see Newsies tonight!" Vincent shrieked to a green jeep.

"Come to the opening of Newsies!" Anthony shouted to another car, who honked their horn at the jumping 10 year old. We were a little embarrassed, but we didn't stop them. Free promo, right?

-

"Hey Capri sun lady. Get over here," I heard a voice that I could depict without turning around. No one else would call me that, either.

"What is it blondie?" I grinned, not yet facing him.

"I have your opening night gift!" I finally turned around, and saw Ben trying to hold back a laugh, holding a package of Capri suns. My mouth dropped open at my outrageous gift, and I started laughing, and he laughed along with me.

"Thanks Ben. I kind of wanted to forget how bad my Capri Sun jokes were, but it's okay. You even got lemonade, my favorite flavor," I said still giggling, and we exchanged a friendly hug.

"Well I can't ever top Capri suns, but here take this." I handed him a package of Oreo cookies.

"Is this because my last name is Cook? I get cookies? Wowww, so creative," Ben said in a monotone voice to joke around. I rolled my eyes, grinning.

"Be thankful I even got you something Benny, after all the abuse I get from you!" I said jokingly. Before we could say anything else Sky came by.

"Can you guys stop flirting and get ready for our last rehearsal before OPENING NIGHT?" Sky groaned sarcastically and winked at us. I blushed as he said that. Flirting?? I don't think so. Right?

"Aww don't be jealous ginger. I got you something too!" I giggled and handed him a tin of ginger mints.

"Oh I get it. It's because I'm a ginger!"