Chapter 6

Kasey's POV

March 27, 2015

It had been 3 months since the rooftop. Three months. It was now 2015, and yet nothing had happened since then. I was kind of disappointed. I constantly wondered whether Ben actually liked me or not, since he didn't want to bring the kiss up. Sometimes I doubted he even liked me and I hallucinated the whole thing because I liked him that much, but I'd have to remind myself it was real. And yet, our flirtationship continued. I liked it, but I was still always wondering if anything else was ever going to happen and I just got my hopes up. Everyone knew we had "a thing", there was constant teasing.

I knew Ben and I would have to talk about it at some point, whether he wanted to or not. I just had to know if I was kidding myself. Did we really have the special connection I thought we did? At the same time, either outcome could ruin our friendship, and I always want to be friends with him. Sky would always tease me and say "my cheeks looked as red as his hair", but he never really confronted me. Until today.

"Alright Kasey, real talk. I know your little flirting game is something more. What's up with you and Ben?" Sky asked as we walked down the hotel hall. Sky had just got done making fun of the way I'd just awkwardly said goodbye to Ben, but now he was serious. I started to get the nervous feeling I've been getting, and I sighed.

"I wish I knew. Don't tell anyone this- but we kissed a few months ago on my birthday. And he hasn't brought it up since," I admitted.

"Okayyy Kasey get it," Sky smirked, and I laughed and blushed. "Already knew that, though."

"What?" I exclaimed, and he shrugged.

"Ben told me." Of course he did, they were friends. Woah. He talks about me to his friends. Who else did he tell?? So maybe this is turning into something...

"Word here moves too fast," I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"Do you like him?" I pressed my lips together, not sure if I should admit it.

"Yeah, I like him a lot. I, um- I've connected with him a lot. I just don't know if he actually likes me back. I think he just thinks we're friends now," I said. Sky raised an eyebrow.

"Friends don't look at each other like that," he claimed. I felt the butterflies again.

"Like what?" I denied.

"Like you two are the only people to ever exist and you're all in love and shit. It's insufferable," Sky pretended to gag, and I swatted him.

"Well, um... I don't know. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to feel, I don't know-"

"I think you should just talk to him. Be bold, confront him. Benny's probably just a little shy. Just between me and you- he talks about you. A lot. All good things, even if he just makes fun of you to your face," Sky told me. My heart beat faster as he said that. This can't be real. I'm scared, because it feels like I am about to let another boy in for the first time in a long time. I never imagined this would happen, but somehow I hadn't stopped myself from getting close to Ben.

"You think I should just confront him? I'm scared," I looked up at him with a smile. He smiled back, putting a friendly arm around me as we walked.

"That's right Capri Sun Lady." I groaned as he said that, and we laughed as we walked into the elevator. These few months had still been the best of my life. Sure, maybe I was away from my family, but I was still living out a daydream. It was a dream to become Young Katherine every night, sharing her story of dreaming to be a reporter when she grew up. The fansies were amazing supporters and never failed to make me laugh with their silly edits on Instagram and Twitter. I had the most amazing cast and friends, and each day was a new day that I promised myself to live out fully. I never wanted this part of my life to end.