Chapter 6

That night, the other girls had already gone up to their dorm as Eleanor was still copying things from the book. She was sitting in her usual corner under the window, staring outside every once in a while hoping to get a glimpse of her brother and Madam Pomfrey. But the rain was pouring down and it was already very dark, so it was hopeless. 

If only there was music here, she thought to herself. 

Because her mother was a Muggle, Eleanor was used to music coming from their record player all day long. She had one of her own as well, in her bedroom, where she played her favorite albums. 

To be truthful, she had been missing her parents dearly. Especially her mum because she was always at home while their dad was at work for the Ministry. 

"Blimey I've completely forgotten to write them!" she whispered to herself, taking out an empty piece of parchment. 

Dear mum and dad, 

I am so sorry I forgot to write, I've just been really busy adjusting to school. Everything is alright here. I am enjoying my classes, especially Potions with Professor Slughorn. I think I'm rather good at Potions, I've already been given a lot of House Points! I've also made amazing new friends with who I share my dorm: Kathy Richett, Amelia King, and Doris Goldstein. I believe Amelia's dad works at the Ministry too, but I'm not sure for which Department. Remus is doing fine as well, his friends are very nice too. Except for Peter, I think he's a bit strange. I hope you're doing well. 

Lots of love, Eleanor. 

She folded the piece of parchment and put it in an envelope. She told herself she would bring it to the Owlery first thing in the morning. Everyone else had already left the common room since it was getting late, and Eleanor took this as an opportunity to mumble some songs to herself while finishing her notes, making sure she wouldn't forget the words to her favorite ones. When she was finally done, she put her quill down and stared out of the window. 

"You do know you can't see the Whomping Willow from here right?"

"Hello to you too Sirius," she said, not being bothered by his sudden remarks anymore.

He chuckled and took the seat opposite her. He was eating from a box of fudge flies. 

"Want one?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

Eleanor smiled and nodded, taking one out and putting it in her mouth. Then she looked back out the window.

"He'll be fine, Ella," Sirius said with his mouth full.

She raised an eyebrow, "And you know how exactly? You've only known about this for less than a day so don't even think you know all the ins and outs of it," she snapped.

He put his hands out in front of him, "Sorry, didn't mean to offend you."

She sighed, "No, it's fine. I'm just a little on edge," she closed her book.

"Still on about that Animagus stuff huh," he said, picking up the book and taking a look at it.

"Hey, did you just take notes?" he furrowed his eyebrows, noticing the parchment on which she copied down the steps.

Her ears went slightly pink.

Sirius studied them for a second before looking up at her, his confused look turning into a big grin, "You sneaky little devil, you're actually going to do this!" he said.

"Well, I was just-" she muttered.

"And you didn't think of letting us join in on the fun?!" he said, sounding offended.