Chapter 29

As she was writing a letter back to Doris, Eleanor heard her mother shriek downstairs.

"That'll be them," she grinned to herself. She quickly finished her letter and ran down the stairs.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Judith," Mrs. Lupin panted, holding on to the armchair. "I'll never get used to that Foo Network of yours." Amelia and her mother chuckled.

Eleanor rolled her eyes. "Floo Network mum," she said. Her mother sighed.

"Lia!" she said happily and then brought her friend into a hug. Amelia laughed.

Loud footsteps were heard on the stairs. Remus, probably coming to see who got to their house first.

Eleanor noticed him smiling when he saw Amelia standing next to her mother. Remus was wearing a dark blue shirt and black trousers.

Eleanor raised an eyebrow at her brother. "What?" he spat.

"Did you dress up?" she grinned.

Remus crossed his arms over his chest. "So what if I did?" he retorted. Eleanor held her hands up in front of her and said goodbye to Mrs. King, who then apparated home.

"You look good Remus, just ignore her," Amelia chuckled. Remus' cheeks flushed lightly. Eleanor smacked Amelia on her arm.

Mrs. Lupin got back to doing the last of the dishes. The teens sat down and talked a bit about their holidays.

"Remus when are James and-" Crack "JESUS CHRIST LYALL CAN'T YOU JUST DRIVE A BLOODY CAR!" Mrs. Lupin clutched at her heart as Mr. Lupin apparated inside the hall. Lyall just laughed and shook his head.

At almost the exact same time, a green fire roared from the fireplace and James Potter stepped out, making Mrs. Lupin jump out of her skin once more.

"Hola senor, senoritas," James said with a grin. His hair was all messy because of the Floo Network. He put up his best smile, "Nice to see you again Mr. and Mrs. Lupin."

The girls laughed and shook their heads. Remus got up and gave his best friend and brotherly hug. The girls stood up as well and greeted him with a hug.

Shortly after, green flames shot up again and Sirius stepped out. Mrs. Lupin was prepared this time.

Sirius scrunched up his nose and wiped the dust off his leather jacket. Eleanor's smile was probably bigger than it should have been.

"Evening," he said with a handsome smirk. He hugged Remus and then went over to the kitchen to say hello to their parents.

After Peter had arrived as well, they all sat down in the living room with mugs of hot cocoa. James started talking about his plans to get Lily to go out with him.

"...and then, after I take her to Madam Puddifoot's we'll go to the Lake and watch the sunset together. It's the most romantic date, am I right?" he asked hopefully, looking a bit daydreamy.

Eleanor blinked a couple of times. "Probably not, but to be honest I wasn't really listening," she said flatly.

"What were we talking about again?" Remus said with a frown. James rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

"Right you lot, we're off," Mr. Lupin announced as he walked into the living room. "Remus, El, I want you to make sure everything is tidy again before we get back tomorrow or your mum will get mad," he said, pointing a finger at his two children.

Eleanor rolled her eyes. "Can't you just do that with magic when you get back?" she groaned.

Mr. Lupin put his fingers in his ears and started to walk back to the hall. "Lalala I can't hear you, have a good time don't do anything stupid lalala," he said loudly.