Chapter 24

The rest of that week passed by slowly. Eleanor tried to focus more on her school work, especially History of Magic because she realized it might ruin her grades if she didn't.

Her study sessions with Regulus had gone back to normal as well. They were top of the class in Potions together. He had even taught her some healing spells, particularly the ones he had used on her hands the day after Snape attacked her.

Eleanor hadn't spoken to Sirius a lot. She really didn't know how to act around him anymore after what had happened on his birthday. The Marauders and her had been trying to practice their transfiguration whenever they could. It was going quite well, but so far only James and Sirius managed to transfigure without using their wands. All in all, Eleanor had a packed schedule.

But all of those things didn't matter that Saturday, because that day the first Quidditch match was held. And it was Gryffindor versus Slytherin.

The tone was already set that afternoon when Eleanor walked into the Great Hall for some late lunch and she found herself in the midst of chaos. Gryffindors young and old were dressed in their most Gryffindorish clothing. Some even had face paint on in the colors of their house.

The Slytherins on the other side of the room did the same things, but were also chanting a song which Eleanor couldn't quite figure out the words of. It didn't sound very friendly, though.

She took a seat at the table with Kathy, Amelia, and Doris. The Gryffindor Quidditch team were seated together in the middle of the long table, probably talking about some last minute strategies.

Eleanor caught a glimpse of James talking emthusiastically about how they were going to win. Marlene was definitely feeling the spirit as well, banging her fists on the table. Sirius on the other hand seemed to be a bit nervous for his first match. He looked pale and Eleanor noticed his plate was empty, not even a single crumb was on it.

"So who d'you think is going to win?" Amelia asked her. Eleanor was snapped back from her thoughts.

She huffed. "Well Gryffindor of course," she said matter of factly. "We've got better players, especialy with Marlene and Sirius on the team now," Eleanor added.

"It all depends on James though," Doris said while she paged through her Herbology book.

Amelia frowned and looked sideways at her. "Since when do you care about Quidditch?"

"I don't," Doris said flatly. She looked up from her book. "But it's true isn't it?"

Eleanor shrugged and took a bite of her toast. "I s'pose. But James's a fine Seeker, better than that scumbag Younge anyway," she mumbled and took a sip from het goblet.

She jumped and spilled her orange juice as two hands suddenly squeezed her shoulders. "So you're coming to watch eh?"

"James!" Eleanor shrieked and smacked him on his arm. He just grinned and sat down next to her.

"You've ruined my shirt Potter," she said, giving him a death glare. She dabbed her shirt with a napkin but it wouldn't help.

"M'sorry El," he chuckled, quite amused with the reaction he had gotten. Eleanor let out a heavy sigh.

"Hang on, I've got an idea," James said. Eleanor looked at him in confusion as he put his glasses down on the table and pulled his striped sweater up over his head, messing up his already tousled hair even more. To her relief, he was wearing a white t-shirt underneath.

James handed her his sweater. "You can wear this," he said with a smile. Eleanor laughed.

"You're crazy Potter," she said with a chuckle before putting on his sweater. It was way too big for her. "Well, at least I won't be cold." James sniggered and put his glasses back on.