Chapter 34

The white wolf looked over her shoulder and stared straight into the stag's black eyes.

"You need to get him out of here James, I'll take care of Remus," Eleanor said.

He frantically looked around. Remus had turned to face them again and was drooling because of the smell of blood. If they wouldn't move him quickly, Sirius would be a dead man.

"No you do it, Ella, I can't just go now, he's getting hostile!" James yelled as he pushed forward again with his antlers.

Eleanor was afraid Sirius would be too heavy for her to carry, but they couldn't switch places now. She wouldn't be able to hold back her brother anyway, and James was way stronger than her.

She was snapped from her thought as she felt Sirius stir beneath her. His eyes opened and he groaned out in agony.

"Okay, James, I'm going to change back, be prepared okay, do anything to hold him back," Eleanor said loudly over all kinds of noises coming from Remus, who was getting very aggressive at this point.

"Just do it!"

With that, Eleanor turned back into her human form. She breathed heavily as she tried to get Sirius off the ground. But she couldn't do it. Her body was shaking because of all kinds of emotions.

"I can't do it! I can't he's too heavy!" she yelled. Tears and beads of sweat were rolling down her face.

But James didn't answer. At least, she couldn't understand him. Eleanor looked over her shoulder as she tried to drag Sirius away from the scene.

James was trying with all his might to hold him back. But it was too much. Remus pushed through and ran forward.

"NOOO!" Eleanor screamed as she tried to cover Sirius with her body.

"STUPEFY!"

A loud thud. Eleanor had her eyes closed. Still waiting for the pain. But it never came.

She looked up and saw Peter standing in his human form with his wand in his hand. He was trembling and he looked very pale. Eleanor gulped and turned to see what had happened.

Werewolf Remus was laying on the floor. He seemed to be knocked out. James was staring down at his friend, his chest rose and fell rapidly. She noticed a scratch on his right cheek.

Eleanor gulped, her throat was very dry. "You- You saved my life," she said softly, her eyes darting up to look at Peter.

He looked back at her, his mouth slightly open. He seemed lost for words. But Eleanor knew what to do. She got up, her knees shaking, and gave the boy a tight hug.

"Thank you," she whispered.

Peter smiled a bit but didn't say anything. He was still processing the fact that he had actually done that. He had saved his friends' lives.

"He's changing again," James suddenly said.

Eleanor turned to see her brother squirming on the floor, very slowly turning back into his old self. James grabbed a few blankets and spread them out on top of his friend.

"H-Help," Sirius said in a small voice.

"Oh, Merlin Sirius!" Eleanor gasped and she kneeled down in front of him.

He was bleeding a lot from his shoulder. His face scrunched up in pain every so often. James stepped forward as well and squatted down.

"It's okay, shh, it's okay," Eleanor whispered, wiping away some of her own tears. She grabbed her wand from the floor. "This might hurt a bit, okay, but I promise it'll be over soon."