Chapter 7

The next morning at breakfast, Eleanor couldn't help but to avoid eye contact with Sirius. She had found his intentions very sweet the other night, but she felt a bit awkward too. 

"Have you planned anything for today Ella?" asked Amelia, who was sitting opposite her? 

She thought a moment. Was it wise to tell her about Remus? Although, Amelia already knew her brother didn't feel well on Friday.

"Well, I'm going to see Remus first, he's with Madam Pomfrey. She thought it best he stayed overnight," she explained, munching on her toast, "But after that I'm free," she smiled.

Amelia looked concerned, "Oh is he alright? Is it bad?" 

Eleanor shook her head "No, no, nothing major, he just felt a little under the weather," she lied.

Nothing major, yeah right, just a few scratch marks and bruises, she thought to herself. 

"Oh okay, good," she smiled, "I was thinking we could hang out for a bit at the lake. The weather will probably become worse over the next few days, so we should take advantage of that."

Eleanor nodded and finished her piece of toast. 

"I'll meet you at the lake then," she smiled, getting up from her seat and leaving the Great Hall to go see her brother.

But she hadn't even turned the corner in the corridor when someone behind her grabbed her wrist, causing her to stop and look over her shoulder.

"Weren't you going to wait for us?" James said with gein.

Peter and Sirius were standing on either side of him. The latter smirked at her and winked, making her blush a little. 

"Er, well," she bit her lip, "I don't know if now's the right time to tell him, I mean he probably just had a really rough night... Finding out you three know about him might be a little too much."

James considered this a second before he shrugged, "He'll find out later anyway, better rip the bandage off at once right?" he grinned and walked along the corridor, Peter and Sirius staying right behind him.

Eleanor opened her mouth to say something but closed it when she realized nothing she said would get them back. She caught up with them, walking next to James.

"Okay fine," she panted, "But I'm the first one who enters, I need to explain it  to Pomfrey first. She's only expecting me to visit."

The three of them mumbled in agreement. When they reached the Hospital Wing she knocked on the door before entering, leaving the three boys behind her.

"Madam Pomfrey?" she whispered, walking over to her.

"Good morning dear, your brother's doing quite alright, just one rather nasty scratch on his chest, nothing I can't heal of course -" Pomfrey rambled on, obviously in a bit of state.

"Sorry to cut you off Madam, but I have to ask, is it okay to let others in? See, Remus' friends found out and they want to see how he's doing," she asked, pursing her lips.

Pomfrey sighed deeply, "Fine, fine, let them in, but they better behave, else I'll let Professor McGonagall know they are not welcome here anymore," she said before turning back to her paperwork.

Eleanor smiled and opened the door, allowing the others to come in as well. She carefully walked over to Remus' bed in the corner. As she reached him, she froze. He was laying there shirtless, with a huge gash across his chest, going from his left shoulder down to his right hip.

"How is- oh god," she heard Sirius whisper. 

He was asleep, and still, he looked like he was in pain. Eleanor sat down on a chair next to his bed and gently took his hand in hers. It felt cold.