Chapter 23

The next morning, Eleanor went down to the Great Hall for breakfast with Doris, Kathy, and Amelia. When they reached the Gryffindor table, they were greeted with a funny sight. The Marauders were seated side by side and across from each other as usual, but that day Sirius was wearing what looked like a handmade crown. Eleanor chuckled as she sat down next to him, but Sirius didn't seem to notice.

"Morning Your Majesty," she said and bowed her head. The girls laughed as they also took their seats beside her. Sirius looked at her with a grin, chewing on his food. But Eleanor tried to remain as serious as possible.

"I would like to wish Your Royal Highness a very happy sixteenth birthday, and hereby ask Your Excellency if we may enjoy Your Grace's company this evening in the events of e decent feast, filled with gifts of course," she continued with a very posh accent. Sirius swallowed his food and dramatically cleaned his mouth with a napkin.

He then turned to face her. "Gifts you say?" he retorted with an equally posh accent. 

Eleanor nodded. "Yes sir," she said. 

Sirius thought for a moment. "Very well," he eventually said. "You four may join us in the Royal Gryffindor Palace at nightfall." 

He stood up and dramatically swayed with his robes before walking off, the paper crown still standing promptly on his head. Eleanor burst out into laughter, and so did some other people at the table including Lily and Mary, who were seated a bit further at the table. Remus just chuckled and shook his head.

"Aren't you going to join him?" Eleanor asked the other three Marauders as she helped herself to some scrambled eggs.

James snorted. "Are you kidding me? His dramatic arse can find its own way up to the sixth floor," he said before taking a bite off his toast. 

***

Although he hadn't been quite clear about it, Eleanor thought Sirius meant their dorm when he had been talking about the 'Royal Gryffindor Palace'. So, at nightfall - around seven o'clock - Eleanor and Amelia made their way up there with their gift. The two had a bit of a spat with Doris and Kathy, who were said 'they were being reckless, partying on a Monday evening'. But of course, being who they were, Amelia and Eleanor didn't really care. It was only November, so they still had a lot of time to catch up with their studies.

Eleanor knocked on the door to the boys' dorm, from which music was coming. Did they have a radio in there? The door was opened slightly by Peter, first checking who they were before letting the girls in with a big smile. The room was a mess, as always, but this time it seemed worse. But Eleanor loved it. 

Sirius was sitting on a throne in the middle of the room, made of pillows and blankets. He was still wearing his crown but had now added something which looked like a cape, but it was just his robes. He had tied the sleeves together around his neck and let the 'cape' graciously fall down the side of his soft throne.

Sirius grinned and spread his arms when he saw them. "Ah, finally, ladies!" he yelled over the loud music. Amelia and Eleanor looked at each other and laughed. 

Suddenly the volume was turned down by someone. "Who are we, next-door neighbors?"

Eleanor looked over to see Marlene and Lily sitting on James' bed. Marlene still had her hand on the volume knob on the radio and she looked offended. Well, that was new, Eleanor had never seen them in their dorm before.

"Sorry, sorry, calm down and just turn that music back up," Sirius said impatiently. 

Marlene rolled her eyes and did as he asked, but the music wasn't as loud as before, which Eleanor did not mind at all. But Sirius wasn't acting like that because of what Marlene. Eleanor noticed him curiously eyeing their nicely wrapped gift. Mister Gladrag had put it into a box and then wrapped it in shiny blue paper, then added a big silver ribbon as a cherry on top. Eleanor's smile turned into a grin.