Chapter 33

Eleanor woke up rather late the next day. She had a lot of trouble falling asleep, even though she tried very hard not to think about her fight with Sirius.

She opened the curtains around her bed and found the other beds already empty. Normally the girls would've woken her up at a decent hour so they could have breakfast together, but Eleanor figured they knew she'd need some more time in bed.

After she took a quick shower, Eleanor got dressed and made her way downstairs. The common room was pretty empty with only three people sitting together before the fire.

Looking outside as she walked down Hogwarts' corridors, she noticed it had begun to snow again. The grounds and roofs were covered in a bright white blanket. Even the Forbidden Forest looked beautiful with its frozen leaves.

When she entered the Great Hall, only a handful of people were seated at the Gryffindor table, among which was Lily. She smiled to herself and walked iver to her.

"Hi," she said.

Lily looked up at her. "Oh hey Ella!"

"Do you mind?" Eleanor asked.

"No, no not at all, please sit," the red-headed girl said with a smile.

So Eleanor did. She grabbed two slices of bread and put some strawberry jam on them. She also poured herself some milk.

"So, how did you sleep?" Lily asked her with a friendly smile. Only now did Eleanor notice what beautiful, bright, green eyes the girl had.

Eleanor shrugged. "It took a while, but eventually I did fall asleep and," she told her, meanwhile eating her breakfast.

Lily nodded. "I figured that would be the case," she said. "Luckily you won't have to deal with him today because of Quidditch practice."

"Oh right, I completely forgot about that. At least that's a positive thing," she said with a light chuckle. Lily laughed softly as well.

Eleanor finished her food and drank the last bit of her milk. "I'm sorry but I have to ask," she started. "How did you find out about Remus?"

The other girl smiled and folded her hands together on the table. "Remus always skipped a lot of patrol nights, saying he was sick or you mother was sick and Dumbledore told him to go home for a bit."

Eleanor nodded. She knew of the excuses he had always made up to avoid evoking suspicion amongst people. Saying their mother was chronically ill was a pretty good one, even though it was a bit harsh.

"I got suspicious after a while, because I never heard you say anything about your mother being sick. So, I started keeping track of when he couldn't attend patrol," Lily explained further, putting a strand of red hair behind her ear.

"Then I did more research and found out he was ill during every full moon, and that put the pieces together for me," she finished with a slight smile.

Eleanor nodded. "I see," she said, "You're very clever you know, the others only knew because they eavesdropped on me," she chuckled.

Lily blushed at the compliment. "I guess simple logics are more a Muggle thing then," she said with a grin. Eleanor laughed.

They remained to sit in silence for a bit. Eleanor would sometimes go and watch the boys' Quidditch practice on days like these.

It would be an absolute hell to fly in the snow right now. James had an advantage, because he always put a charm on his glasses whenever he had to play which made it so rain or snow wouldn't touch his glasses.