Chapter 8

As she woke up, she felt something tickle under her nose. She scrunched up her face and opened her eyes, only to see Amelia holding her quill under her nose, laughing. Eleanor chuckled and sat up, resting on her elbows. 

"Afternoon sunshine," Amelia chuckled, putting down her quill. 

She laughed and rubbed in her eyes. 

"How long have I been asleep for?" she asked, noticing Doris and Kathy had joined them in the meantime. 

"About an hour," said Doris, who was making a flower crown out of daisies for Kathy. 

Well, she had been pretty tired, given she hadn't slept much the previous night. She moved over into the shade, feeling she had gotten a bit of a sunburn on her face. 

"Oh my, look!" Amelia gasped. 

She nodded her head towards a group of boys who were now taking off their shirts and trousers and getting into the Black Lake for a swim. Eleanor squinted her eyes and saw the vague form of Regulus Black stand onshore, taking off his shoes and shirt. The girls looked at each other and giggled. 

"Boys," Doris sighed and shook her head. 

Feeling hungry, Eleanor got up and told the others she was going to get something to eat, and Amelia joined her. Together they walked to the Great Hall, where they sat down and had a brief lunch. 

"Oh right, I forgot to tell you, Ella, I found a letter to your parents on your bed, did you forget to send it?" Amelia asked, drinking some pumpkin juice. 

Eleanor sighed and facepalmed, "Yeah, I did," she said, getting up from the bench, "Better do that now, or else I'll just forget it again," she laughed before heading up to Gryffindor Tower. 

When she had gotten the letter from her dorm and went back down into the common room, James was sitting on the sofa, admiring something golden in his hand. 

Eleanor grinned, "What'cha doing James?" she sneaked up behind him, causing him to drop the thing from his hands. 

He sighed and glared at her, picking the golden ball up from the ground. 

She took a seat next to him and frowned, "Is that a Golden Snitch?" she asked him. 

James grinned proudly and pocketed the Snitch. 

She chuckled, "How did you get it?" 

"Knicked it," he smirked, "nobody noticed." 

She laughed and shook her head, "You're something else, Potter." 

She got up and headed for the door. Just as she was out of sight, an owl swooped in through the open window and dropped a letter on the spot where Eleanor just sat. 

"Hey! Where are you going-" he yelled after her. 

"Owlery, letter for mum and dad," she yelled back before climbing through the portrait hole. 

Eleanor went to the Owlery and sent one of the owls over to her parents' house with the letter. When she made her way down the many flights of stairs, she almost tripped when suddenly three boys were stood around the corner. 

"Merlin's beard!" she shrieked, clutching at the wall on her right. 

Sirius laughed, "Calm down woman it's only us." 

"I could've dropped to my death, you bloody-" she yelled before James cut her off. 

"Now now, swearing is not very nice Lupin. Besides we came to give you good news! Remus has woken up!" he said, delighted.