Chapter 17

On Sunday afternoon, Eleanor headed over to the Hospital Wing with Peter. Sirius and James had Quidditch practice. Amelia had asked if she could come as well and Eleanor had a hard time coming up with an excuse as to why she couldn't join them. Eventually, she said that Pomfrey told her they could just come and collect him, it wasn't necessary to keep him there any longer.

Eleanor knocked on the door before entering. Madam Pomfrey gave them a warm smile as they walked on over to Remus' bed.

"Hullo," he said. He was sitting on the edge of his bed, all ready to go. 

"You look surprisingly well," Eleanor chuckled, grabbing his bag. Peter grinned.

"Now, now sis, you know I'm the one who got the better looks," Remus smirked as he got up. Eleanor laughed and ruffled up his hair. Remus immediately tried to fix it again.

The three of them headed for the door. "Thanks again Ma'am," Remus said politely. Peter held the door open.

"Oh, it's nothing dear, have a nice Sunday," she smiled at him. Remus nodded and the three of them left the Hospital Wing. 

Remus put his hands in his pockets and picked up his pace to walk next to his sister.

"So er, how did Amelia's date go?" he asked. Eleanor's face fell as the thought of her heartbroken best friend came to her head.

"He didn't show up," Peter said when Eleanor stayed quiet. 

Remus stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face the shorter boy, his scratched-up face showing an angry expression. "You're joking?" Peter shook his head. Remus sighed deeply and continued to walk. Eleanor and Peter briefly looked at each other before walking on next to him.

"It gets worse," Eleanor said, looking up at her brother. He looked back at her. "He made fun of her in front of his friends when she confronted him about it," she explained. Remus' jaw clenched and he stared out in front of him.

"But you'll get him for it. At least that's what Sirius said, 'cause you're Marauders," she grinned up at him. Remus chuckled.

"Yeah we are," he said, glancing over to Peter with a smile.

***

After they had brought Remus' stuff up to his dormitory, the three of them decided they would go and watch the rest of the Quidditch practice, which would end in half an hour. The sun was shining bright as they stepped outside. The weather was really nice, especially for that time of year. When they reached the pitch, Eleanor was surprised to see Amelia sitting in the stands. Remus noticed as well and shrugged. They climbed up and took a seat by her.

"Hey, Lia," Eleanor smiled at her. "What brings you here?" 

"Dunno actually," she mumbled. "The weather's nice, needed somewhere to clear my head," she shrugged. Eleanor nodded. The four of them watched in silence as the Gryffindor Quidditch team descended to the ground for their last little meeting before practice ended. 

"We're going to make him pay for it Amelia," Remus suddenly said. He was sitting behind the girls with Peter next to him.

Amelia turned around and smiled at him. "Thank you," she said.

Eleanor looked down and saw that Sirius and James had changed into their clothes again. Just as she wanted to get up the two boys mounted their brooms and flew up to the stands.

"For what do we owe the pleasure?" Sirius grinned at Eleanor. She laughed amd rolled her eyes.

"We were just about to head down actually," Amelia said getting up as well.