Chapter 41

Amelia was sitting on the edge of Remus' bed. She was still breathing heavily. Her hand in which she held a glass of water was shaking as she stared out in front of her.

"Well if Lia's this scared, just imagine what Snivelly's face will look like," Sirius grinned, who had changed back into his human form.

Remus smacked him on his arm. "Not now Pads," he hissed. Sirius pouted and rubbed his arm.

Eleanor sat down next to Amelia and put a hand on her shoulder. "Lia, I get that you're a bit shocked, but it's been fifteen minutes and it would be nice of you could at least say something," she said, looking a bit concerned.

They all watched anxiously as Amelia nodded and took a sip of water. She gently set down the glass on the bedside table.

She turned to Eleanor and violently shook her by her shoulders. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME!" she yelled.

"Oi stop it!" Eleanor said, grabbing her hands and pulling them away from her.

Amelia sighed deeply. "I thought we didn't have secrets for each other," she said sounding disappointed.

Eleanor bit her lip and avoided Amelia's gaze. Secrets, right. If only she knew the real secret.

"There's more isn't there?" Amelia said in an unhappy-amazed tone.

But Eleanor shook her head. "No-"

"Don't lie to me, I can see it in your face Ella," Amelia cut her off. "Tell me, it can't be that serious can it?"

She felt her heartrate pick up. Eleanor gulped and looked up at her brother for help.

"Well?" Amelia pushed on, looking between the two of them.

"S'alright, I'll tell her," Remus said softly.

"Remus you can't just tell everyone."

"It's fine, James," he spoke calmly.

"But what if-"

"If I want to tell her I'll bloody do so," Remus uttered, a bit irritated. James held is hands up in front of him.

Amelia looked desperate. "What are you talking about!"

Remus sat down on Peter's bed so he could sit opposite her. He furrowed his eyebrows slightly, thinking of the right words to say.

He looked directly into her eyes. "You have to promise me you won't tell anyone, understood?" he asked her.

"Yes, yes of course," she spoke softly.

His breathing was a bit shaky as he exhaled one last time before saying, "I'm a werewolf."

You could hear a pin drop. Eleanor's throat felt dry as she looked between her brother and her best friend.

"Oh please not again," she heard Sirius mumble under his breath.

But they were all startled when Amelia suddenly leaped forward and wrapped her arms around Remus. His body tensed up.

"Thank you for telling me," she whispered by his ear. "But it really makes no difference to me."

Remus smiled and rubbed circles on her back. "Thank you Lia," he muttered.

Eleanor felt like she could cry. The two broke apart again and Amelia gave Remus an encouraging smile.

Sirius faked a sob. "True love," he said with a dramatic whimper in his voice.

"Oh my goodness Sirius why do you have to ruin a nice moment," Eleanor said with an irritated sigh.

Amelia sat down next to Remus and crossed one leg over the other. "I would like some more explaining on all of this though, I still don't quite understand why you guys became Animagi in the first place," she said with a hint of curiosity in her voice.