Welcome Home(Pt. 4)

LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE READING DO IT OR ELSE
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Four Months Later

A buzzing. It was a buzzing sound that made me open my eyes to see the sun streaming through my window. I groaned, and looked at my clock. 9 am on a Saturday? Why was my phone going off?!

I turn my phone off and roll over, taking a deep breath. I furrow my brows. I realized my shirt smelt of y/f perfume and y/f lotion.

Then I remember.

I jump up from my bed to check the date. December 23

I screamed. I screamed, and smiled in excitement, as I threw off my covers, and rushed downstairs. I quickly dialed Haz.

"Dude it's 9 am what-"

"Y/n's coming home today!! She's actually coming home today!!" I cry, putting a kettle onto the stove.

"Dude really?! Oh my gosh you're right it's December 23!!!" Haz exclaims. I'm smiling so brightly that my cheeks hurt.

The past four months have been rough, but I've gotten myself through it. I worked really hard on my job, focusing on auditions, interviews, keeping my following up. For the first month though...

I didn't do much. Whenever any of my friends invited me out, I didn't go. It felt wrong to go without Y/n, it didn't feel right. Most of my days, I sat in the dark, and wrote her letters. I wrote her letters every day actually. Some were pages long, while others were just three words. I hoped it'd be a good gift to welcome her home. If... if she came...

I shove the thoughts out of my mind. Y/n was coming home. She was going to come home, she was going to be just fine, and I would never have to leave her again, and she wouldn't have to leave me.

"So what do you need us to do today?" Haz asks. I pour the water over the tea bag, and let it sit.

"Okay, we need to get y/f/f from y/f/r and have it here by five, and then we need the cake (if you don't like cake another dessert), and the balloons, and the banner, and the streamers, OH! And confetti, she loves confetti!!" I exclaim excitedly. Haz chuckles.

"Okay, I'll text the crew," he laughs. I smile. No matter what, I would make today perfect for Y/n. I was so giddy with excitement I could barely contain myself.

"Okay, I gotta go Haz, I got stuff to do too, but see you at five pm, sharp!!" I say, and hang up the phone. I am filled with so much excitement, I can barely sort out my feelings, I can barely contain myself. I fix my tea, and rush upstairs. I set it on my nightstand, and through open the curtains soaking in the sun.

Today was a good day. Today was the day I would see her again. Today was the day I would see my beautiful y/n.

Today was the day I would make her my fiance.

I grab the outfit I had picked out, and go into the bathroom. I shower, taking my time to let the water run down my face, to wash through my hair. I hop out, wrapping a towel around my waist, before styling my hair. I'm trying to get it just right, just perfect for y/n.

I finally get it in place, and smile at my reflection. The outskirts of the mirror were actually covered in photos of me and Y/n. It was nice to be able to see her beautiful face everyday, even if she wasn't really here. My eyes land on my favorite picture of her.

I snuck the picture of her while she was smelling flowers on a trip to some gardens, and she just looked so gorgeous. Her hair blowing in the wind, catching the sun's rays. I smile at it.