Chapter 5 You are my safety

Gentle streams of water trickled down your head as you stood motionless in the shower.

Your cuts stung but the glass was gone now from Jim quickly picking the shards out.

The water both burned and healed you as your mind blurred over with memories.

Soon you shook the thoughts off and shut off the water, standing there in your expressionless dripping form.

Grabbing a towel, that was draped over the bar that held the shower curtains up, you wrapped it tightly around you, and stepped out onto the white tile.

"There, all clean." Jim said from in front of you, as you stared down at your feet with no more then the face of a robot.

He grabbed another towel from the counter and draped it over your head, rubbing your hair dry threw the softness of the cloth.

"I'm not a baby." You said quietly and he ignored you but soon stopped drying your hair and took the towel away.

"Well you act like it." He replied, looking into your eyes with a smile on his face.

"Where are my cloths?" You asked sadly, holding back the temptations of curling up in a ball and hiding away.

"Your cloths are dirty, and full of blood. You deserve a lot better then that." He replied, holding up a stack of cloths.

"What are those?" You asked approaching him closer.

"Your cloths.. Well mine but.. Your wearing them ok?" He said as he smiled once and began to leave the room.

"...thank you..." You mumbled and he looked back with a soft expression.

"don't mention it." He replied, leaving the room.

You looked down at the cloths he had layed out for you, however including you with your normal undergarments.

You smiled lightly and got dressed, into the cream colored sweater and black jeans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After you had finished dressing yourself you went back to jims room where he was sitting on the floor against his bed with a book in his hands.

"Jim?" You asked as you approached him and sat down in front of his form.

"Your not going home so don't think about it." He replied as he continued reading.

"But... I don't want to be a burden and.. I'm afraid I'm going to get in trouble." You replied and he just studied the pages of his book again.

"It looks to me like you have already gotten in trouble. And as for being a burden, your more of a gift." He replied, still not taking his eyes away from the book.

You blushed, but got a little frustrated with his obsessive reading.
"A gift?" You asked. Only then did he finally put down the book and look up to you.

"Yes, now what do you want to do?" He asked getting up onto his knees and waiting for an answer.

"Well shouldn't we... Sleep I mean-"
"But- yeah.... I suppose your right." He huffed and stood up, getting onto his bed and patting the side.

"Alright come on." He said rolling over by the wall.

"Um... Don't you have other bedrooms? Or like.... Some blankets for the floor?" You asked but he just stared at you annoyed.

"Nope." He simply said patting the bed again with out any other expression.

"But... What if we get caught? They might get the wrong idea." You where a little worried at the situation.