Chapter 7 Bitter sweet rain

"Why did you go out there?!!" Jim yelled shortly after yanking you back into the warm house.

"I-I just wanted to see the garden." You replied and he dropped his gaze.

"Don't go near him!! Don't you dare go near him again!" He yelled again and you looked puzzled.

"Jim I-"
"No! Trust me. Don't talk to him, stay away. He isn't safe." He cut you off grabbing your shoulder and looking into your eyes.

"Ok.. " you replied and he signed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Two days of boring later)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rain was expected, a gentle flurry of mist turning into a down pour.

And there you stood, watching the drops trickle down the old window pain. Each drop adding to the light puddle forming on the ridge.

You starred, out the window, overlooking the shadow loomed garden. Jack was sitting in the rain, motionless on the pale bench he had sat before. All alone, with nothing but rain drops to whisper to him.

"Why is he just sitting there?" You asked and Jim looked up from the book he was reading.

"He likes rain." He replied in a cold dead tone.

You kept starring down at the garden watching him stick his hand out and catch a droplet.

"Why?" You asked and you heard him sigh.

"He once told me it reminded him of tears, like the sky it self was crying. He viewed the rain as earths emotions, that it should be felt rather then sheltered from." He shifted him self as you starred coldly at the foggy rain filled day.

"That's sort of sad..." You trailed off.

It was hard to find such a gentle person as dangerous, though your mind did resort to what he said...
'Paint the roses red.' His voice would ring to you as you thought of danger...

You knew of one thing... He wasn't the same as jim.. Nor did you have any attachment to him.. N-not that you had attachment to jim.. I mean.... Wait what was I saying??

"I'm hungry!" You heard Jim say. Then two arms suddenly wrapped around your waist and pulled you, dragging you to the door.

"Jim!" You yelled and he just laughed.

"Fooooooooodddd" he wined and you signed.

"Alright I'll come with you if you just release me." You answered and he huffed.
"Fine." You where released as he stared blankly at you.

"We'll come on then, food?" You asked and he perked up.

"Right!" He shouted and bolted down the spiral stairs as you trailed after him.

"Jimmy! Wait up!" You called, slightly annoyed.

You finally got down to the bottom of the stairs and watched as you saw Jim sit happily at the table and wait.

"Sabastian!!!!" He yelled and a handsome Butler popped in the room with a look of displeasure.

His body lined in a black suit with gold buttons and a navy blue tie, he carried a silver tray with an assortment of pastries and what looked like bacon.

"Alright, King Jim, I'm here" he huffed, and changed tone at Jims name.

"Thank you kindly Sab." Jim smiled oddly at the man, though he had acted so unpleasant.

"Anything special for your lady??" The butler asked and Jims face went red.

"M-m-my l-lady?" He asked and Sebastian laughed.