Chapter 9: Neveah Meets Sneak Attack

"How could you do that, Dad?" Riley said as Neveah and Maya stood behind her, they were in the classroom talking to Cory about what just happened in the cafeteria.

"What did I do?" Cory asked completely confused, he looked at Neveah for more clearance on his confusion.

Neveah sighed and stepped up next to Riley. "You gave them detention together." Neveah said.

"I was the cafeteria monitor. I saw potatoes not where potatoes are supposed to be. Detention him, detention her." Cory said as if it was obvious for his actions.

Neveah gave him a look. "Papa C, Lucas didn't even do anything."

"Don't care. I'm mad with power." The man says causing Neveah to roll her eyes.

"Then I want detention too." Riley raised her chin trying to size him up.

"You do? Riley you've never had detention in your whole life. What could you possibly do that would get you detention on such short notice?" Riley and Neveah looked at each other and Neveah nodded to the door.

"I could introduce you to our special guest star," She gestures towards the door.

"Uh, oh."

Maya enters and jumps on Cory's back. "Nothing personal bub." Maya told the man.

Cory sputters gibberish, Neveah giggled at his face. "Yeah that'll do it." Maya hops off his back. "Nice job."

Maya shakes his hand. "Pleasure doing business with you."

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯  

Neveah was sitting in Cory's chair while Riley and Maya sat at their desk as Missy and Lucas entered.

"How you doin?" Riley gave Missy a smile, Missy's eyes widen as she looked at Riley. "What are you doing here?"

"Yeah," Maya points at Riley. "You don't wanna mess with this one."

Missy notice the place card on Maya's desk and picked it up. "What are these, place cards?"

"Yup, I made them." Riley points at a back corner. "You sit over there." Cory tapped Neveah to get out of his chair and go sit in one of the desks.

"I think this seat has my name on it, actually." Missy takes a seat next to Lucas' desk.

Neveah doesn't know how many times she rolled her eyes today, but she must've counted up to fifty.

"Alright guys," Cory turns to them. "I like my detention to have a little learning it in. So, I'd like to continue talking about Pearl Harbor and what happened after the sneak attack." Neveah leaned back into her chair ready to listen to what her Godfather had to teach them. "The world was at war and alliances were forged in battle and were made stronger because of that."