Chapter 11: Neveah Meets Father

It was the next day and the six middle schoolers entered the history classroom one by one.

"Friar! Santiago! Farkle! Hart!" Cory called the only names that talk in his class, he stopped and glared at his daughter and Godchild. "You two."

Neveah gave him a sheepish smile as Riley tried to speak. "Dad we..." Cory made the closed mouth signal and looked away from them.

"Okay." Neveah said and they both walked to their seats, Jake who now moved up closer to the class and was now seated behind Neveah tapped her shoulder.

"What did you two do?" He asked causing her to sigh and put up her pointing finger and mouthed 'tell you later'.

"Well, guys. I've got your test results on Darwin to give back to you, and uh, I'm pleased to see some of you have "evolved" since the last quiz." Cory paused waiting for the students to laugh but no one did.

Farkle looked around before letting out a fake laugh. "Ha!"

"Thanks, Farkle," The man smiled in appreciation.

"Well, you were drowning sir." Farkle told him, Neveah bit her lip to hid the smile that was about to form.

"Ms. Hart," Cory began passing out the papers to his students. "Mr. Friar, nice work."

"Thank you sir," Lucas nodded his head to the man.

"Mr. Farkle."

"A number 700. Huzzah!" Farkle took out a noisemaker and blows into it.

"Mr. Santiago here you go." Jake mumbled out a thank you and looked at his paper 'C'. He sighed knowing what that means.

Cory walks over to his Goddaughter and quickly hands her, her paper with a glare. "You." He walks over to Riley does the same thing to her. "And you."

Neveah smiled at her paper to see another A, before looking over at Maya who had a frown upon her face. "You okay M?" Riley turned her head when she heard Neveah ask the question.

"He gave me an F." Maya simply stated and Neveah's and Riley's eyes widen in shock.

"That's nuts, you're a solid D student." Riley told the blond.

"Mr. Friar, I took particular note of your position that evolution does not preclude the existence of...How did you put it?" Cory asked the boy not paying attention to the three girls.

"A guiding hand that has your best interest at heart." Lucas explained and Cory nodded his head impressed.

Maya then raises her hand gaining Cory's attention. "Yes Ms. Hart."

"You failed me." Neveah and Riley looked at each other before looking back at Maya.

"Why don't we talk about this after class?" Cory suggested but Maya let out a mini scoff.