Chapter 39: Neveah Meets Brother

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Auggie!!" Neveah sang as she entered the Matthews' with baking supplies. She planned a little play date with Auggie and his little 'lady' friend.

"Veahhh!" Auggie's little body ran down the hallway and to Neveah, he hugged her waist tightly. Neveah giggled cutely at her little brother and hugged him the best with her ability as she was holding bags. "How are you bubs?"

"You never come around anymore," he pouted as soon as he pulled away from her, she frowned as she doesn't like when the kid is sad.

"I know bubs, school is kicking my butt, and I'm dealing with new things." She tried to explain as she walked to the kitchen area and set the bags down before turning back around with a smile. "But don't you worry Augs, I'm gonna start making time for you because I missed my little man."

Auggie's face lit up to that and he immediately went to her to give her another hug. "Yay!"

Neveah giggled again and ruffled his head which caused him to make a noise of complaint, she laughed at that before looking around the apartment.

"Where's Riles?" Neveah questioned despite having a hint of where she was.

Auggie rolled his eyes and sassily crossed his arms. "She's with the sister stealer."

Neveah's mouth opened in shock. "Auggie! You can't call Maya that."

"Why not? She is, she always takes you and Riley away from me." Auggie said causing Neveah to frown.

"Bubs, Maya is our best friend." She squatted down to his level and place a hand on his shoulder. "Of course we're gonna be with her majority of the time, but that doesn't mean we don't care for you as well. You're our little brother that we love very very much." She bopped his nose causing him to giggle. "And don't hit forget that."