Chapter 43: Neveah Meets Home for the Holidays

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"So that was your dad's me?" Maya asked as the four friends sat on the bay window.

"Uhuh." Riley nodded her head.

Maya pursed her lips together and shook her head, "I don't see it."

Neveah giggled and crossed her legs, "Really?"

"Cause we do." Jake spoke motioning between him and Neveah.

Maya rolled her eyes, "I'm still stuck on what he said earlier, 'Hey kids?' I mean that sure doesn't sound like he sees you as his niece Riles."

"Maya drop it, I've accepted the way Uncle Shawn talks to me." Riley shrugs her shoulders.

Neveah sighed, "Riles do you honestly believe that our father doesn't like you?" Riley didn't make eye contact with the girl, Jake frowned at that along with Maya who abruptly stood up.

"That's it, I'm gonna go out there and give 'Uncle Shawn' a piece of my mind." Maya announced, both Jake's and Neveah's eyes widen.

"Maya no." They both said but the girl was already out, the three remaining all turned to look at each other before quickly following after the blonde.

"Who's that?" Neveah heard her father ask Cory, she immediately fell by Riley's side with Jake behind her.

"That's Maya, she thinks she's tough." Cory explained to his bestfriend.

"Scram." Maya told the man who squeaked and sat down. "I have heard about you. You're great in the stories." Maya sat down with Shawn following, she eyed the man up and down. "I don't see it yet."

Shawn glanced over at his kids before turning back to the blonde, "Okay."

"You see, Veah, Riles and I are the best friends on this planet."

Shawn gave the girl a smile, "Well that's cute, 'cause Cory and I are the best friends in all of existence. Which includes your little crummy planet." Neveah playfully tolled her eyes at how cocky her father and Godfather is, "Cory and I finish each other's..."

"Sentences!" Cory finished to prove his part with a proud smile.

"Yeah? That all you do?" Maya smirked, Neveah mirrored her action and crossed her arms.

"Because Veah..." Riley began and sat close to Maya.

"Riles..." Maya stared at Shawn.

"And I..." Neveah walked over and took a seat next to Riley.

"Can read..." Riley.

"Each other's." Neveah.

"Minds." Maya finished.