Chapter 17: Neveah Meets Popular

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Ms. Svorski how come you didn't tell me you're being forced to close?" Neveah asked sad not liking how one of her favorite safe place is being taken away.

"Because sweetie you're busy at school, besides it's wasn't your fight to fight." The older lady gave the girl a warming smile and placed her hand on top of hers.

"B-but this is my safe place, I love hanging out here- we all do," Neveah teared up. Jake who was with her rubbed her shoulders also upset about the bakery closing, she would always bring him and Lucas along with her so he to felt a little broken that their hangout place will no longer be there with them.

"Don't worry I'm sure you guys will find a better hangout spot," Mrs. Svorski laughed.

"But not a kind hearted person like you," Jake spoke sadly.

"Aww," Mrs. Svorski placed her hand on her chest as she looked at the two kids who came almost every day after school. "As long as you guys have each other, you'll always be at your safe place."

The two friends looked at each other with a little smile, Jake wrapped an arm around Neveah's shoulder and look back at Mrs. Svorski with a wider smile.

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"You made the right decision of letting the bakery go, Mrs. Svorski. What's the point of serving people in a self-serving world?" Harrison said as he passes the papers over to her.

"Don't sign anything." Topanga entered the bakery with Cory, Auggie, and Neveah.

"You work for me." Harrison told Topanga as Neveah crossed her arms, glaring at the man.

"Oh, yeah? Then you're gonna hate this," Auggie spoke up. Neveah smiled and pulled the curly head boy closer to her.

"I'd like to call my first witness," Topanga said as if she was in court.

"Nobody's on trial here." Harrison said.

"Actually, a voice I've always trusted has ben telling me that I am." Topanga said with a smile.