Chapter 35: Neveah Meets Flaws

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

"Where's Farkle and Jake?" Maya asked Lucas as the three girls approached Lucas, Neveah looked around the gym, scanning to see check but couldn't see the two boys.

Lucas looked between the three of them and put his foot down after tying his shoe. "I thought they said they weren't going to miss any more classes."

"Then why haven't we seen them?" Maya raised her hands slightly, Riley pulled Neveah closer to her when she saw her face turned to annoyance.

"Oh, hey man!" Billy and Tyler approached the four.

"Hi, Neveah." Tyler said with a flirtatious smile, much to Neveah's annoyance.

"Tyler." She bluntly replied, Tyler's smile dropped slightly but came back up as he turned to Lucas.

"Baseball after school?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't think I'm gonna make it. Both of my buddies are still being hassled and I wanna be there for them." Lucas politely declined.

The two boys scoffed and shook their heads. "Your buddies?"

"You mean Jake and Farkle?" Tyler questioned with a chuckle, Neveah's brow arched up from the tone of his voice.

"Yeah, nobody's seen them."

"You're better off." Billy told Lucas as Tyler shook his head in agreement, Maya and Riley looked at each other.

"Excuse me?" Lucas asked defensively, ready to pop off for Jake and Farkle.

That feeling of anger bubbled up again in Neveah, Riley sensed it too because she quickly latched on to Neveah's arm to prevent her from swinging.

Billy scoffs. "Come on, Lucas. I don't really see Farkle and..Jake as your buddies."