Chapter 16: Neveah Meets Popular

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Cory, Neveah, Maya and Riley walk down the hall of an unfamiliar place as Riley did her weird party-walk.

"Well, looky here, teacher daddy, nothing hanging over my head except this here halo of popularity," Riley said to Cory before turning to look at Maya and Neveah. "And yay for you, my best friends, for watching me with a smile."

"Yep, we're watching and smiling, and smiling and watching," Neveah smirked knowing how funny the situation's gonna be in a few minutes, Maya shook her head at her curly head friend.

"pretty-boy hipster" from school, entered a room and Riley dances then crosses arms.

"Alright, alright. Half an hour you can stay. I'm waiting right here." Cory told the brunette who was barely listening as she was excited for the party.

Riley rings the doorbell and Cory turned to the two girls who weren't invited. "I changed my mind. I want you two in there. Protect your friend." He freaked out while Neveah and Maya just smirked at him.

"Can't do that, sir. Wasn't invited." Maya stated with her hands shoved in pockets.

"Why is that exactly?" Cory asked confused seeing as Neveah was considered "popular" and Maya was just...Maya.

Neveah let out a laugh and placed her hand on Cory's shoulder. "Just smile, and watch." Neveah turned him around to face the door.

The door opened showing Farkle. "Greetings, fellow partygoer." Farkle shook his head to sweep his hair that was falling in his face.

"Farkle?" Riley asked in confusion, she turns to her father and best friends.

"Starting to become clear sir?" Maya smirked as her and Neveah turned their heads to Cory.

Cory smiled happily realizing what was going on. "Oh yeah, I'm smiling real big." He nodded his

head.