Chapter 33: Neveah Meets Flaws

★ ☆ ✰ ✮ ✯

Neveah locked the front door to her apartment before walking towards Shawn's apartment while on the phone with Lucas.

"Well seeing as it's Jake's second day of being officially adopted, I think we should head Svorski's since we didn't celebrate yesterday." Lucas suggested over the phone as Neveah knocked on the door, even though she has the key to it.

"Well there's a conversation we can have with him when we came down," Neveah said with a giggle. "Um, hey did you text Farkle by any chance?"

"No. Why? Boyfriend isn't responding to your texts?" Lucas teased.

"Fuck off." Neveah shot back but held humor in her voice indicating that she was joking. "But no, he hasn't been responding to any of my texts. He's also been acting weird lately, which worries me." She explained to her guy best friend as she knocked again on the front door, this time a little harder than before.

A few seconds lately a half sleep Shawn opened the door with an annoyed face before seeing that it was her daughter.

"Hold on." She told Lucas on the phone.

"Little cub? Why are you banging on the door?" The man asked through a yawn, covering his mouth to hide it.

"I'm here for Jake dad," Neveah said as she shook her head at her father who looks like he's about to fall back to sleep standing up.

Shawn's face scrunched up in confusion as he looked out of the apartment, left and right. "Jake left forty minutes ago."

"Huh?" Neveah asked in confusion.

"Yeah, he told me he had to do something for dance before class." Shawn recited what Jake told  him earlier. "I thought he told you or Lucas?"

Neveah though confused, placed a smile on her face as she straightened up and let out a giggle. "Oh, wait I remember now! He did, I just forgot to check my text." Shawn raised a brow in suspicion but he was too tired to care at the moment. "Alright, well I'm gonna go now. Bye! I love you!" She said as she turned quickly to walk away and tell Lucas who was waiting for her on the phone and downstairs.