Chapter 14: Neveah Meets Truth

"Mom you're here yet?" Neveah called once they made it into her spacious apartment, Jake right behind.

"In the kitchen honey!" Carmen her mother answered and the two kids walked from the living room and into the kitchen to see Neveah's mother getting ingredients out of the pantry and cabinets.

Neveah smiled and walked over to give her mother a huge hug. It became a routine for them every time Carmen had time to come home for a day or two. They pulled away and Neveah stood next to Jake who looked extremely nervous because of the older woman staring at him. "Mom this is Jake, my friend I talked to you about," Neveah introduced and Carmen gave him a warm smile, a little humor in her eyes as she looked at her daughter.

"Yeah, I was starting to think you liked the boy. You talked a lot about him almost as much as how you talked about Farkle." Carmen teased, Neveah's eyes widened before heat rushed to her cheeks out of embarrassment. She glared at her mother while Jake stood there looking as red as a firetruck.

"Mom," Neveah hissed, Carmen raised a brow in amusement at her defensive daughter.

"So you're staying the night Jake?" Carmen asked even though she knew the answer, she turned away from them and walked to the counter to start cooking.

"U-uh yes ma'am," Jake spoke up for the first time. "If that's okay with you of course." He added. Carmen chuckled and nodded her head. "Of course, as long as you sleep in the guest bedroom. Farkle use to do that when he stayed over."

"Mom!" Neveah exclaimed, her mom always finds a way to embarrass her whether it's with Maya them or new people.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop embarrassing her...for now," Her mother smirked at her, Neveah stuck her pinky finger with a fake glare on her features. Carmen laughed and blew a kiss. "Love you too honey. Now you guys go do your homework and chill until I finish the food."

Neveah said okay and dragged Jake to her bedroom not giving him time to say anything to her mother. The two spent the next two hours doing their homework and goofing off.

"Okay, okay favorite t.v. show right now?" Neveah giggled out as she laughed at Jake's joke.

"Um, I don't really have a favorite show. I just watch whatever I like," Jake shrugged his shoulders.

Neveah gasped dramatically as she placed a hand on her chest. "What? Come on Jake, there's gotta be at least one show that sticks out to you."

Jake crossed his legs as he thought of shows he's been watching. "I mean, I have been spending time watching TVD."

Neveah's eyes lit up as she hit Jake's arm repeatedly. "Oh, what season! What season!"

"I just started," Jake laughed, as he tried to get away from Neveah's hands.

"Ugh! Okay, but I got to ask..." Jake hummed as he looked at her, Neveah had a playful smile on her face. "Team Damon or Team Stefan?"

Jake groaned, throwing his head back. "I honestly don't know. Like Stefan is a sweetheart and cares for Elena, but Damon is just so ugh! Like I have a feeling Damon cares about her but has a hard time showing it."

"Oh my gosh, I can't wait until you get deeper into the show." Neveah crossed her arms and stretched out her legs. Jake laughed and switched his position again, which he felt like he's been doing every time he asks a question.

"Alright, you don't have to answer this. Buttttt who are you crushing right now?" Neveah's eyes widened slightly surprised from the question before she bit her lip and looked down at her comforters. "Again you don't have to answer."