A New Type of Crisis - Steve/Tony/Reader

Set: before Civil War(?)
For: that_psycho_bitch

This was actually for a fic swap we did so please check out her books as they're also really great!!

Hope you all enjoy this and please remember my requests are always open (and I never forget a request, I'm just a slow writer) xx

———

Hanging around Stark Tower during a crisis was never what (Y/N) would describe as fun. And Stark Tower was always in a crisis.

But, (Y/N) also would never give up the chance to spend a week or two with her boyfriend and her skills were rather useful. As the genius daughter of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, that was only natural. And of course, through her philanthropist father, she'd met the love of her life: Captain Steve Rogers.

If (Y/N) hadn't been the daughter of one of the men with the biggest ego's in the world, she probably would have thought Rogers was way out of her league but (Y/N) knew her position pretty well. Nonetheless, (Y/N) ran a large part of SI and was flown all over the world to attend various meetings and business issues and as such did not get to spend an excessive amount of time with her boyfriend.

Which was why she was so annoyed at the timing of the newest Avenger's crisis. (Y/N) had just returned to the tower in time to see Steve before another SI emergency cropped up when some disease barely linked to Howard Stark escaped onto the black market. Ordinarily, (Y/N) would have relished the opportunity to spend time with her father and the man she loved but this time, she could feel the start of something bad coming.

The headache had originally been waved off as lack of sleep or stress. The aches due to too much standing in one spot working on a cure, should the disease escape.

The cramps had been a little more difficult to ignore as they reduced (Y/N) to being frozen in place while waiting for them to subside. She tried to convince herself they were due to her period but her last period had been much too recent for that...

Waking up three days after the crisis had begun, (Y/N) was forced to run to the bathroom, tripping over her sheets in the process. She had hunched over the toilet for what felt like hours, massaging her stomach with one hand in an attempt to lessen the shooting pains through it. She hadn't gone to bed with Steve last night as she had been working much later than he had and didn't want to wake him as she got ready for bed. (Y/N) was in her own room, all alone, and slightly hating herself for it.

All the same, it was probably better this way. The Avengers needed to focus on the disease, not (Y/N)'s nausea. It was when she pushed herself up from the toilet that (Y/N) realised she might not be able to get away with faking well. Her state-of-the-art bathroom seemed strangely detached from reality and (Y/N) had the sense that she was merely floating through it, rather than actually moving. Worse still was when she heard the music - an out of tune song that sounded like a bad rendition of a 40's song Steve enjoyed.

The rational part of (Y/N)'s brain told her she was hallucinating and that she probably had a fever. The irrational part told her to tell Jarvis to turn off the music. (Y/N) listened to neither as she found her legs had stopped working and she was now on the ground, the room seemingly rotating around her. She could feel saliva building in her mouth but couldn't make herself figure out what that meant before she ended up vomiting onto the bathroom floor.

The world dipped and (Y/N) knew something was very wrong. She had the good sense, or maybe instinct, to crawl just a couple of centimetres away from the vomit on the ground before the world collapsed and she with it.