I'll Always Be Here - Reader/Steve Rogers

Hi!

PLEASE READ IF YOU'VE PUT IN A REQUEST!!
This applies to those of you who've requested something corona related! I have decided I won't be doing anything to do with this virus as I'm using this book as a way to escape and not think about it, as it's just not where I'm at right now.

Thanks for your understanding, feel free to request anything else xx

For: mackenzie_wilson1 (it won't let me tag you, sorry gorgeous!!)

Set before: Age of Ultron

———

It was going to be perfect. The other Avengers were all on a mission somewhere and Steve and (Y/N) were staying alone at the tower.

Together.

They'd been dating for just over two months, and despite having lived together in the tower for close to three years, it was something of a new relationship, but well established nonetheless. (Y/N) had a feeling Tony was very supportive of it, seeing as he'd organised for the pair to be alone all weekend.

In the two months since Steve and (Y/N) had started dating, they hadn't actually had much time alone. They'd always be interrupted or there'd be a mission but now, this weekend, they'd have each other all to themselves.

———

It was Friday night, or maybe Saturday morning, and Steve woke to feel (Y/N) disentangling herself from his arms, her comparatively negligible weight leaving the bed. Inwardly, Steve shrugged. She probably just woke up for some water or to go to the bathroom.

It wasn't until he heard the sudden splash that Steve realised something was wrong. He leapt out of bed, running as quickly as he could to the bathroom where (Y/N) was vomiting. She was hunched over the toilet, looking ashen, as she tried to stop herself. Steve crouched next to her, pulling back her hair, some of which already had vomit in it, before the vomit finally stopped, leaving lines of spit hanging from (Y/N)'s mouth.

She groaned, one hand moving to her roiling stomach in an attempt to massage it and alleviate some of the pain.

"Hey, (Y/N), it's alright, you're alright," Steve began murmuring, seeing the panic and shame flashing across her face. At his words, both emotions subsided and (Y/N)'s eyes began to well with tears as she hiccuped wetly. In all their time in the tower, (Y/N) had never been sick and it was unnerving to see the young woman so unwell and fragile.

Steve knew he had to do something, they couldn't stay near the toilet forever, so he flushed it and then began rubbing circles on (Y/N)'s lower back. She released a low moan of pain and fear as she felt her mouth pooling with saliva and a tickling feeling moving back into her throat.

Having been sick an awful lot as a child, Steve knew that while rubbing someone's lower back would make them vomit more, it'd help in the long run. Sure enough, (Y/N)'s body tensed and she threw herself forward as she began vomiting again. Steve kept rubbing, worried by the sheer volume of vomit coming from her and waited for it to, eventually, stop.

Steve stopped rubbing as (Y/N) began spitting into the toilet, her body convulsing as she dry retched, but it seemed that most of it was gone now. Then, the tears that had pricked her eyes before, began falling and (Y/N) was sobbing onto Steve's chest as the soldier held her against him, unmoved by (Y/N)'s sweat and vomit-covered hair touching him.

"(Y/N), how're you feeling? Do you want to get back into bed? I can bring out a movie if you'd like?" Steve said as the sobbing began to subside and the young woman began hiccuping.