Loki on Midgard - Loki/Clint

Set: after Avengers
For: w4ttp4dw0nder and (sort of) echobxtch

I have technically finished school!! Here's a fic to celebrate!

I'll probably be writing a fever of Peter Parker fic next so keep an eye out ❤️

———

Loki hated Midgard. It was the worst realm and he couldn't fathom how a species as short-lived and weak as humans ruled it.

He also couldn't fathom why he had been unable to defeat them. A mystery for the ages, he was sure.

And now, he was stuck living with them, to better understand them, or whatever Thor had said. Loki hated it. The humans were so weak, so flimsy, so delicate! He watched Stark walk into the corner of a chair by accident and not a day later, a bruise had formed on his arm. How pathetic.

Of course, Loki had been making progress. Some days, he could understand that the humans were smarter and more resourceful than many Asgardians, and more determined than any other being.

But today, Loki didn't feel well. He was curled into one of the chairs towards the corner of the living room, an open book in his hand and absolutely no intention of reading it. He had a headache and if he were on Asgard, he could simply use his magic to alleviate it.

But he was not on Asgard and his magic was limited and Loki didn't have the energy to break the barrier for the sake of his headache. That, and he was pretty sure he had the headache because he'd broken the barrier.

Loki's contempt must have shown on his face because Clint looked over from where his eyes were glued to the TV and flinched. "You... you alright there, Loki?"

Loki scowled, "fine."

Of all the Avengers, Barton was the most tolerable. He didn't have an overbearing or overly murderous personality and was honest enough that he didn't hide his fear of the demigod. Yes, Loki liked Barton a lot.

Barton gave a half-hearted nod and returned his attention to the TV. Loki hid a wince as Barton turned up the TV and whatever movie he was watching had a shooting scene. His headache did not, apparently, like loud sounds.

Thank Friga the other Avengers were away on a mission then, they were all much too loud on a normal day. The agony in Loki's head was building and he was struggling to think about anything but the inescapable pain behind his eyes. Wincing, he finally allowed himself to rub them.

While this gave relief, it also made the return on the headache much worse. Loki almost felt nauseated with how much it hurt and was making a distinct effort not to look at the TV as the lights of dusk appeared outside.

Clint had tried some half-hearted attempts at conversation with Loki about dinner but the frost-giant shut them down as quickly as he could.

Disaster struck at 6:01 pm.

Clint had, briefly, paused his video game to fetch a snack and the room was quiet and semi-dark. Bliss for poor Loki. Then Jarvis, deciding it was adequately dark, turned on the lights. Loki let out a small groan but was able to endure it but closing his eyes. Clint returned and such was the pain in Loki's head that he didn't notice.

The archer pressed play and the sound and light shining through Loki's closed eyelids was all too much. He bolted down the hallway to the first door and promptly vomited. Clint was yelling something behind him as Loki panted for breath and threw up a barrier to prevent him from coming closer.