CHAPTER 10

Chapter 10

Lorcan’s Pov

WHILE I was busy cleaning my 45-caliber revolver, the door opened, and Laszlo, Raphael, Desmond, and Colt came in. We were on the third floor of my house, which is where our meeting room is.

Maingay na umupo si Colt sa mahabang leather na sofa na kulay brown saka binuka ang dalawang braso. I put the gun on my table in front of me, cleaned my hands, and joined them.

Inside our meeting room, there's my table and swivel chair. In front of my table, there's a glass table, and beside it, there are two long leather sofas. I sat on my single chair and looked at them.

"Any news?" tanong ko sa kanila saka nag-de kwautro. I rested my arms on the arm rest.

"Bad or good? Which one do you want to hear first?" Colt answered flatly.

"Suit yourself. It really doesn't matter which one you want to hear first."

"Okay, sabihin mo na ang good news, Raphael." Nginuso ni Colt si Raphael na nasa kabilang sofa.

Raphael sighed before his head turned in my direction. He always wore that cold stare of his.

"The shipping of guns in Europe went well, and Romano wants to meet you. He likes guns so much," ani Raphael. Romano is the boss in Europe, the Mafia Boss. I have been courting Romano for a long time because of his significant influence in Europe, and I am planning on expanding my businesses there. With Romano's help, I can easily do that.

"I already expected that, Rap. Those guns are extraordinary, and he cannot find those kinds of weapons on earth except from us." Yes, aside from our respective businesses, we also manufacture guns, bombs, and other deadly weapons. And yes, we do sell those weapons.

"The bad news is what?" I asked instead.

Desmond leaned on the sofa before pinching the bridge of his nose. "In Abu Dhabi, my company was attacked. I lost 8,000,000 UAE dirham."

"Is that your problem? Is that all the bad news?" Laszlo asked Colt lazily.

Desmond glared at Laszlo and Laszlo ran his fingers through his long ash hair. "I don't really care if my company was attacked. I don't care about the money I've lost. But my people—my employees, Las, I lost almost one hundred employees in the attack."

"It was the attack by Khalid Mafia Org," Colt injected.

I gritted my teeth as that small mafia organization tried to get on my nerves. When they ambushed my ships in the middle of the sea, I let them. Noong pinasabog nila ang tatlong warehouse ko hinayaan ko sila kasi wala namang namatay sa tauhan ko. But now, I cannot let it pass, as many innocent people have died. I may kill people without a blink of an eye, but not innocent ones. I know the pain of losing someone you love.

Desmond turned to ask me, "You don't know about this, Lorcan?"

I raised my eyebrows. Of course, I know all of this. I'm just testing them to see if they'll tell me the truth or not. In the world that I'm in, you cannot trust anyone. You can only count on yourself. Even though they've been my friends since time immemorial, they can still betray me.