Chapter 35

When Ana and Severus announced their engagement, as expected, there were a lot of tears. Although the couple bet that Molly and Minerva would be the first to tear down, it was actually Arthur that shed the initial drop of tears.

"I can cook all the food!" Molly said.

"And we can prepare the tent and the tables!" Arthur told Ron and Harry, who had been invited over for Sunday's lunch, along with Minerva and Aberforth.

"We should schedule a time to go dress shopping!" Minerva said.

Severus coughed and moved uncomfortably in his chair. Ana side-eyed him and smirked, already knowing what was the reason for his shift of behavior.

"Certainly Molly, Ginny, and Hermione would like to go to, right?" Ana asked, smiling widely at Severus' funny expression. The golden dress she used at Slughorn's party really left a mark on him.

"Are you kidding? Of course, we would!" Hermione replied.

"We want this to be small and secretive... Ya know, just us and my parents. There's no one else we'd want with us, right?" Ana said, looking at Severus who nodded his head.

"Yes, positively," he acknowledged.

"No worries, we will help you prepare something small," Molly said.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to lie down a little bit," Ana said, getting up from the table, considering she was exhausted just from talking for almost three hours with that charming family. She woke up in good humor that morning, but there was something bothering her - if she couldn't even handle a couple of hours of social interaction with her friends and family, how would she be able to endure her own wedding?

That was something that truly affected her line of thoughts and that's also the reason why she decided to go upstairs to get some rest.

"How's she doing ?" Aberforth asked Severus quietly.

"She has her moments," he replied without thinking twice. "But... I cannot tell you for certain what will happen."

Ana's uncle patted Severus' back and squeezed his shoulder in a caring way.

"I know you did everything in your power to help her," Aberforth said. "Now all we can do is wait and help her being comfortable."

"Yes..."

Severus' eyes lingered for a moment in a bare wall of the Burrow, while benumbing the commotion around him.

"Are you alright?" Aberforth asked the raven-haired man.

"Yes. Excuse me. I will check on Ana," Severus said, leaving the kitchen.

***

Ana woke up two hours later, recognizing the familiar feeling of Severus' chest under her cheeks. He lied down by her side without her noticing and pulled her to him. 

In the silence and darkness of the room, he allowed a couple of tears to roll down his eyes because of the pain he felt due to the uncertainty of his beloved's fate. All he wanted was to have more time with her, to make her his wife and, who knows, perhaps even having a family. He wanted to show her how happy he could make her and discover how much happier he could be. 

Severus honestly never put much thought into marrying her, particularly considering the example he had from his parents. But he became more attached to the idea when she returned to him after months of being absent.

Nevertheless, regardless of their future, he undeniably believed their love would last forever.

"I can almost hear you thinking," Ana muttered.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Like a baby," she replied, yawning and stretching.

As Ana moved her arms up to stretch her muscles, Severus couldn't help but stare down at her belly, since her t-shirt slid up with her movements. His hand automatically touched her exposed skin, which made Ana shiver with the unexpected touch.

Ana looked up at her fiancé, recognizing the lustful look in his eyes, so she pulled him down to kiss her as his hand traveled around her back, squeezing and massaging all the skin he could grasp. She dropped a little weight, but, in his opinion, she was still undeniably attractive. 

Gently, his fingers delicately traced the hem of her t-shirt and rolled it up. Ana promptly responded to his gesture and raised up her arms, to help him in the process of taking off her clothes.

Then, his hands moved down to her hips, pulling her firmly against his body.

"Perfect," he barely whispered as his lips softly traveled down to her neck. "I love you," he whispered again, not being able to take his eyes off her or even blink because all he wished was to memorize her adorable gaze.

A blush crept up to Ana's face, but the little light in the bedroom wasn't enough to allow Severus to notice her crimsoned cheeks. This time, Ana reached for the buttons of his dark green shirt and stripped his torso, shivering at the high temperature of his skin.

While pressing her warm and gentle lips in an invisible line down to his stomach, Ana's hands worked on the button of his pants and her pants. Luckily, her hands were steady and didn't tremble as she had experienced lately and she was able to, without much effort, expose both their naked bodies, stripped off of any piece of garments. 

Severus' eyes lingered on Ana's as she hurled the clothes aside. There she was, unconcealed, on top of him and, even in the dusky light penetrating through the curtains, and even though she was thinner and weaker, Ana looked glorious. Severus had no idea what to do because his mind has short-fused at the sight of his precious soulmate.

"I love you too," she whispered while her hands ran languidly up and down over his shaft as if they had all the time in the world.

Ana's eyes traveled a couple of times from his member to his eyes and back to his member, making sure he was indeed feeling pleasure. As she increased her speed, she bit her lips, feeling her arousal grow, mimicking his. She then pressed her hips against his in order to lean forward and kiss him, while making him feel the heat between her legs, which only made him feel more blissful.

Positioning herself in line with Severus' hips, Ana freed a gasp as she felt him filling her at last. She pressed her fingers harder against his skin as she began to move her hips slowly and passionately.

In a split of a second, Ana increased her pace, her senses capturing every feeling of his skin against hers, and everything was louder; her breathing was erratic and ragged; the sound of flesh against flesh was obscene in their ears.

Both knew the lovemaking session wasn't going to be very long, but they didn't mind. They didn't care about anything else anymore. Only the two existed at that moment. No pain. No illness. No sorrow. Only love. And what a powerful love it was.