Chapter 37

"Ana, are you ready?" Hermione went upstairs to make sure Ana was alright, considering she was taking too long to return from the bathroom.

Along with Molly, Ginny, and Minerva, Ana was going to try on her wedding dress - which meant she was leaving the house for the first time in weeks.

So, after eating breakfast, she went upstairs to brush her teeth before leaving, but she was taking too long.

Ana was very excited to see her wedding dress, but she was terrified that she might not be able to use it at the ceremony's day. In fact, she wasn't sure she would be able to even leave the bathroom. When she entered the bathroom, a wave of nausea took over her, along with a burning sensation in her throat. Immediately she knelt in front of the toilet and threw up everything she had eaten for breakfast and some more blood. But this time, she lost her senses for the briefest of a moment.

She fought hard not to give in to the blackness taking over her, but since she was already weak, she had no strength to struggle anymore.

When she finally managed to open her eyes, everything around her was blurred.

At first, she didn't remember what happened before passing out. In fact, she didn't remember anything that happened to her that morning and thought she was still asleep, considering she felt the soft mattress under her body and the warm blanket covering her body.

A finger gently caressing her hand caught her attention and she smiled, recognizing whom it belonged to.

"Sev..." She muttered, finding odd how hoarse her voice was. Ana's voice turns rough every time she throws up and that thought clicked something in her memory, making her realize what happened.

"Ana, can you listen to me?" A familiar female voice called for her.

Ana turned her head in the direction of the voice, but her eyes didn't want to open due to the light. After some moments to adjust her vision to reality, Ana finally opened her eyes and recognized the voice - Pomfrey.

"Ana, can you listen to me?" Pomfrey insisted.

"Yes..." Ana replied, feeling her throat dry. "Water..."

Pomfrey immediately poured water from a jar to glass and handed it to Ana who dragged her body up.

Her eyes fell on her fiancé, sitting by the right side of the bed, still holding her hand. The grieving look in his eyes revealed everything she needed to know and it felt like daggers stabbing her heart.

"Do you remember what happened?" Pomfrey asked.

Ana nodded her head. She tried to talk, but instead, she drank a little more water to gather strength.

"I've been feeling worse..." She said, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, and there was blood..."

"Indeed," Pomfrey said, picking up some tools to examine her. The seriousness in her eyes made Ana realize there was nothing else to do. The former Hogwarts' healer sighed as if she was giving up. "It is not good, Ana. Not at all. You... You're, uh, alm --"

"-- It's ok. You don't need to say it out loud."

Severus gulped and closed his eyes, silently fighting the tears.

"I'm sorry," Pomfrey told her.

"It's ok," Ana said again while tears rolled down her cheeks. "It's ok."

Then, a wave of sadness and fear took over her and she started sobbing.

"It's ok," she repeated over and over again while Severus hugged her and cried with her.