Chapter 24

As soon as Severus' felt Ana's lips on him, he simply overlooked all that happened in the last 4 months - every tear, every rage attack, every pain. It was as if she never left. Furthermore, the way her plump and warm lips stole what was left of his soul by ravishing him as passionately as possible, proved him that it was not over.

It will never be over.

When Ana pulled away from the kiss the first time, Severus feared she regretted it.

He gawked at her, completely out of breath, seeking to process that kiss as his heart was hammering inside his chest. Every fiber of his being was in pure ecstasy - aroused, stirred. And, if Ana neglected him once again, he was convinced he'd collapse. His body and his mind ached for her.

As Ana took the first piece of clothing off and exposed her white lace bra, Severus gasped intensely. It was such a sight for him to behold. A sight he missed so dearly, a sight he dreamt about every night, wishing the way Ana touched him intimately in his dreams was real if he opened his eyes. Sorrowfully, they never were. But then, when Ana let her hoodie slide to the floor, when she exposed herself and accosted him to caress his face, he shut his eyes at the sensation, only to open them again and confirm she was truly there.

The first set of tears dropped from his onyx eyes.

A sad smile surfaced on Ana's face as she spotted his tears. She was sure it was possible to hear her heart shattering into tiny pieces at the scenario. All Ana wanted was to make those tears vanish, so she kissed them away, one by one. She made sure she didn't leave an inch unkissed.

Severus felt his body stiffening and he didn't dare to move, frightened that if he did, Ana might get scared and run away again. Nevertheless, Ana was there to stay.

The fearful glimpse in his eyes made Ana halt what she was doing. She felt he didn't trust whatever was happening, as much as he wanted it, and Ana knew she had to make him believe she wanted to be with him, that she loved him no matter what happens.

Focusing, knowing their relationship depended on showing him that she was always faithful to their love, she gathered every piece of energy and penetrated his soul - as she did long ago - and she, lastly, opened her heart to him.

Severus gasped when he felt it. He felt all of it. Her sorrow, her fear, but most importantly, he knew whatever reasons she had to disappear, she did it because her love for him was stronger than he could ever imagine. She always saw him, she always saw the true colors of his heart and she never loved him less for that. She forgave him for every lie he told, for every act he did in secret during the Wizarding War. She even forgave him for killing Albus, her father.

When he deemed he had destroyed every last bit of humanity in her, she used everything that happened to her to restore a little bit of his. And no matter how devastated, wrecked, or torn she was, Severus was the only person that mattered to her.

That is why he knew he could forgive her for leaving him. No matter what happened. He would be by her side.

"I love you, Severus Tobias Snape, and I'll be yours forever if you still want me," she rustled, trying hard not to sob when Severus pulled her into a long-needed embrace.

He buried his face on her neck, crying noiselessly. Ana felt his tears on her shoulders and when she was about to speak again, Severus started kissing her skin. Inch by inch; her shoulder; her neck; and her jaw.

A shy moan escaped Ana's lips and just that sound - the lovely and divine sound - healed a part of his heart.

His lips trailed down to the other side of her neck, down to her shoulder, finishing with a small bite that was intended to leave a mark. Then, he pulled away and looked into her eyes before kissing her lips so passionately that he had to hold her by the waist, otherwise, she'd fall to the floor because of how weak her legs felt. His hands wandered her back, slowly going down, feeling every inch of her body. He stopped when he was able to grab her tights and pull her up to his lap, where she tangled her legs behind his back.