Chapter 36

As the next couple of days passed by, Molly, Arthur, and Minerva were tasked with preparing the small ceremony to celebrate the union of Severus and Ana. She made sure to deliver each assignment to the right person since they insisted on helping the couple. 

However, Ana implored them to rigorously obey the plan she presented them because she honestly wanted something as small as she preached. 

If it was up to her, she'd run away with Severus to a paradisiac beach and get married at sunset, just the two of them. But she couldn't deny her family and friends the happiness of watching her marrying the love of her life.

"I have a meeting in Hogwarts," Severus told Ana who has been working on Alba's notes since 7 A.M. His fiancé only hummed back, being too focused on her work. And, although he did not appreciate the fact that she was working in something that'll probably be fruitless, he did miss the look on her face while she focuses on something important. "I will be home at dinner time." He approached her and brushed the top of her hair. The dark brown roots were bigger, making an ombré effect that he actually found enticing. 

"Okay," Ana replied, too curious about something peculiar she noticed in the notes. She didn't even look up. "Can you pick up the gift for Harry's birthday? It's ready." 

"Yes, I can. Do not exhaust yourself, I beg you," the raven-haired man told her before planting a kiss in her temples and leave the Burrow.

Ana's attention was again drawn to her work. At first, she didn't pay too much importance to what she read a couple of pages ago, but something popped into her mind, just for a fraction of a second. Curling her lips to a side and being overwhelmed with curiosity, Ana wondered if she was becoming insane too. What she saw was impossible, or, perhaps, she couldn't believe it.

However, without thinking too much about it, she searched for the phone her parents had given to her to make sure she could contact them whenever she wanted.

After a few moments, her mother picked up the phone, and Ana could immediately feel the worry in her tone. 

Since Ana told her parents what was happening to her, her parents have been worried and scared that she might die at any moment. Ana made sure to keep in touch and inform them of every new development about her condition, but considering they were in the process of moving back to England with Charlie, she didn't want to bother them with her decaying life.

When her mother finally realized she was well (considering the situation), she relaxed and immediately cheered up as Ana told her about the wedding preparations.

"Honey, there's something your father and I have been discussing, and we want you to know that it's ok if you want another person to take you to the altar instead of your dad. Say, perhaps, Mr. Weasley? Your father won't be mad or anything," her mother said rapidly, leaving Ana out of words. She didn't even think about that.

Who should she choose?

On one hand, her father was the person who raised her and, even though he was oftentimes hard on her, he undeniably loves her. On the other hand, Arthur Weasley also portrayed a fatherly figure.

Bitting her nails, Ana pushed the matter aside. There was something else she wanted to ask her mother.

"Mom, I need a favor," she said.

A moment of silence took over the call.

"Anything," her mother said, her voice trembling as she feared what favor was Ana going to ask.

"And you have to promise that, no matter what happens, you don't tell anyone I asked you this. Don't tell dad, don't tell Charlie, and mostly, do not tell Severus," she continued.