The Reason

3rd Person POV

Flashback:

Eterna Forest, Sinnoh

Ash had let his Charizard rest and decided to run. He ran away from all of his problems. He kept running far away. All Ash could hear were his loud footsteps echoing onwards as Ash ran. Suddenly two people came into view and he came to a halt. There stood a blue haired man and a pink haired woman with a Meowth. They at least were in better shape than Ash ran for at least two hours constant and now that his adrenaline stopped he sat down tired at shit barely able to sit up. "It's the twerp," Jesse called out. "The twerp, what's the twerp doing here," asked James. "We know what happened, twerp," Meowth explained, "we know that you were betrayed," Jesse continued, "and we have a proposition for you," James finished. They all paused for a second, "we want you to join Team Rocket," they finished at the same time. "We understand if you don't want to because you're going through a lot of thing's currently but..." Meowth didn't get to finish. "I will," Ash said blankly, "I'll join Team Rocket, I have no one left so I'll join." "Great," exclaimed James, "we'll head to Kanto and meet up with the boss immediately." 

The Next Day:

Celadon City, Kanto

"Boss Giovanni, Jesse, James and Meowth have returned from their mission to the Sinnoh region," announced Giovanni's assistant Veronica. "That is your reason for disturbing me?" Giovanni questioned. "They have a new recruit," Veronica added. "If they were recruited by those three then they must be just as bad," Giovanni countered, "why don't you just send them to the training ground," Giovanni asked. "Trust me on this one Boss, you won't be disappointed," Veronica said. "Alright but if it's not a Champion, you're fired," Giovanni said annoyed. Veronica stayed silent but couldn't hide the smirk on her face as the recruit entered the room. As he raised his head he said, "Hello Giovanni, fancy seeing you here," "Impossible... you... your... Ash," Giovanni finished quietly. "Yes, that's me," Ash smirked. Giovanni recomposed himself, "what are you doing here, Ash?" Giovanni questioned, "don't you have the Championship match against Cynthia today." Ash showed Giovanni his phone and on it was a video playing on Ash's failure to show up which ended in an automatic forfeit for the Challenger. "Why would you choose not to go and fight in the Championship match," Giovanni asked. Ash showed another clip, this time of the clip showing the Mercenary attacking Cynthia. "It that you," Giovanni questioned. "Not me," Ash said, "my older brother Red." 'My older brother Red' those words stuck with Giovanni after his meeting with Ash. Ash said that Red was his brother. That was interesting, to say the least. He expected Ash to rise through the ranks of Team Rocket and he did not disappoint. Ash had told him all about what happened the day before, the betrayal and everything. Giovanni honestly felt sorry for the kid. It reminded him of his own son, Silver who was nearly alone from a young age. Now with the help of Ash Ketchum Team Rocket would rise again stronger than ever. 

Present Day:

To say that Giovanni wasn't impressed with Ash's achievements after joining Team Rocket was an understatement. Ash had nearly singlehandedly organised Team Rocket into different regions so their reach was all the way to Sinnoh and Hoenn now, put Team Rocket firmly back in control of Celadon and Goldenrod Game Corners, added the horseman system with the four horsemen of the Apocalypse or in this case Giovanni and just recently reinstated the three beasts with himself, Jimmy and Paul. Two people Ash said were from his past that he had recruited, who never betrayed him. Though the only one of the Horsemen Ash had met was Victoria. The only thing Ash knew about them is that their names were Victoria, Joel, Emily and Hudson and that they operated together performing large scale heist's by stealing lot's of Pokemon from Pokemon Centres. Ash perferred a quieter approach by avoiding a battle unless neccissarily or if the person he was tracking pissed him off enough and Ash was never questioned by other Team Rocket members or Giovanni because Ash never failed a mission. Successfully burning New Bark Town to the ground, responsible for the sacking of Twinleaf Town in Sinnoh and the destruction of the Cave of Origin in Hoenn. Giovanni was watching the news until a live broadcast came on. The announcer spoke, "calling all Pokemon trainers, from near and far come participate in the Pokemon Masters tournament held in Lumiose City in the Kalos region win a prize of 100 million Pokedollars. The Masters tournament will be held six months so be prepared trainers. Giovanni sat up straight, 'interesting,' he thought. As if on queue Ash, Paul and Jimmy walked through the doors and handed him their respective Pokemon that they had been tasked to find. "Well done, three beasts, but have you seen the broadcast?" Giovanni questioned them. "Yea, we figured you'd want up to participate," Jimmy claimed. "In six months," Ash asked. "Yes," Giovanni confirmed. "Fun," Paul muttered on their way out. Right as they were walking out Giovanni called out, "Ash, may I speak with you alone," Ash shrugged and turned around. "You know, your former friends may be participating in this tournament if you don't want to go I can just send Paul and Jimmy," Giovanni expressed his concern. "I'll pretend to be my brother, they won't know plus they think I'm dead," Ash said. "Right," Giovanni answered, "The plan continues, Emily has been tracking Z1 and Z2 in Kalos for 4 months, Joel had been tracking Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos around the Sevi Islands for a month and Hudson has been building more Master Ball's. But Ash I want you to go to Petalburg forest in the Hoenn Region, a Team Rocket deserter is in the area hiding out there." "Why should you send me after a grunt, they are useless," Ash asked. "This person was not a measly grunt and you should be worried, this person defeated the Elite Four member Lorelei in a Pokemon battle and she captured Darkrai," Giovanni replied. "What's this particular person's name," Ash asked. Giovanni replied, "She goes by the name, Sird."