The Discovery

With Ash:

Ash walked out of the stadium confused on what Giovanni had messaged him. 'Meet me inside the abandoned international police building in Lumiose City.' Ash sighed. People were giving him funny looks as he walked through the city. Not many people were on this side of the city. Passing smaller restaurants as he walked through. He really regretted leaving all his Pokemon in his hotel room.

He really should've seen the ambush coming. As he reached the building there were several red flags. The building didn't seem nearly as abandoned as the ones around it and the fact that it still had a mailbox for some reason. That's when he heard a gun cocking behind him. Ash knew that the international police were after him after they spotted him doing some shady activity. "Captain Looker, right," Ash asked. "That's right," Looker replied, "Now here's what your going to do Ketchum. Your going to place your hands behind your head and walk into the building in front of you." "And what happens if I don't comply," Ash asked. "I shoot you," Looker answered like it was obvious. So of course the extremely logical thing that Ash decided to do as the only course of action was, as soon as he got in the building he dived under a table and kicked it up for cover. Looker immediately started shooting. "I told you. I won't hesitate, you're not the only person who knows where Giovanni is hiding," Looker yelled. "I couldn't care less about you or the international police. If you ask me, your organisation is a waste of time. Jumping around regions, trying to get rid of criminals. Wherever there is light, darkness will rise to meet it," Ash yelled back, "I joined Team Rocket because it treated me like I was important. It doesn't matter anymore, Team Rocket has already won. We're 10 steps ahead of you and the international police." "Is that so. Then I give you an offer. One on one, hand to hand combat. Me and you. Right here. Right now. I win, you help me destroy Team Rocket and Giovanni. You win I leave you and the interpol will never come after you or Team Rocket again," Looker said. "How do I know as soon as I walk out from behind this table you won't just shoot me," Ash questioned. "Because my guns on the other side of the room," Looker answered before throwing his gun away, "How do I know I can trust you," Looker asked. "I make a point to not betray people because it happened to me. Promises are included in that," Ash answered. "Come out from behind the table ," Looker said, "We'll count down together. We'll go on one" Ash just nodded. "Three," the air in the room seemed to get colder. "Two," both Ash and Looker got into fighting stances. "One," before Looker even had time to react Ash had shot him in the head. A look of shock was painted on Looker's face before he collapsed onto the ground, bleeding out of the hole in his head. "I don't take unnecessary risks," Ash told him. "Neither do I," said a voice. Ash just sighed. He knew that voice. "What do you want Blake," Ash asked. "The same thing Looker offered you. Except you would have to become an international police officer until Giovanni is behind bars or dead," Blake answered, "only this time you shoot me, there are 20 interpol officers that will swarm this building to kill you. That's why I had Looker come to confront you. To see what you would do. Looker was one of the best Interpol officers but we had to take risks. To make it more believable ." "Fine, I'll do it," Ash answered placing his pistol back in its holster. "Three," it seemed as if the air around them tensed. "Two," they both got into fighting positions with arms out, fists clenched. "One." Ash lunged at Blake intent in ending the engagement quickly. Blake sidestepped sending Ash crashing through a glass wall. Ash groaned. He really should've expected that. Blake walked towards him before attempting to nail him in the head with his foot. Ash grabbed his foot pulling Blake onto the ground with him as well as striking him in the nose with his elbow. Ash backed off getting back into a fighting stance. Blake got up, his nose bleeding with it pointing off in a different direction than it was 5 minutes ago. Blake moved it back into place with a crack. "I remember that day, 4 years ago. I watched you run into that forest," Blake spoke. Ash slid under and behind Blake trying to strike him from behind but Blake did a flip and kicked Ash in the back of the head sending him crashing back onto the floor. "I was stationed to observe the first match between Champion and Challenger in years. And it was Cynthia of all people. There were multiple officers tasked with observing Cynthia to make sure nobody interfered with the match. They were all killed by your father," Blake continued. Ash got up throwing some punches Blake's way. But they had turned frantic and all Blake had to do to dodge was step back diagonally. Blake suddenly stopped and kneed Ash right in the gut. Ash doubled over in pain before tripping Blake with his legs. Before Blake could hit the floor Ash grabbed him by the shirt and charged into another glass wall breaking it. Ash let go of Blake but while he was falling kicked him straight in the mouth. Blake suddenly dived for Ash taking out his legs making him fall over but while that was happening Blake grabbed him and slammed him against the ground. Ash groaned in pain coughing blood before rolling onto his stomach. Blake stood up, spat blood from his mouth onto the ground before speaking, "surrender Ash, I've clearly beaten you and you've trashed this office. Just come with me and it won't be difficult." "Nothing's over until I say its over," Ash muttered. "If you insist," Blake replied. Suddenly a smoke bomb and a flash grenade were thrown onto the ground. Ash saw the flash grenade first and managed to shut his eyes. Blake was not so lucky, he was immediately incapacitated by the flash grenade giving Ash a 5 second head start to escape. "Come on, Ash," he heard a voice yell that wasn't Blake's. But then he heard Blake's voice speaking into a radio. "Troopers, secure the perimeter. Nobody leaves," Blake yelled. Ash saw the jet hovering outside the broken window. Ash saw the shattered glass around the broken window. He saw the person beaconing him to hurry up. He saw the interpol officers swarm the building. Ash jumped. Ash felt like Victini was holding onto him and making him lucky so he would make the jump. As soon as Ash hit the ground of the jet he blacked out. Blake looked up and scrambled to pick up his Pokedex and snapped a picture of the red logo painted on the jet. Team Rocket had just come out of the shadows.