The Truth

Author's Note: Sorry for the wait but I was focusing on school and didn't have much time to work but I grinded out this chapter and I edited some of the previous chapters so enjoy and I'll try and get chapter 4 out by Thursday

3rd Person POV

Six Months Later:

It was a cloudy day in Lumiose City as the plane from Kanto touched on the ground and people flooded out excited for the tournament that was taking place. Most notably was Brock, Misty, Max, May and Dawn who had all travelled together for a month before taking the flight to Kalos to participate in the Pokemon Masters tournament that Misty, Brock and Max were participating in. "Watch out world, my name is Max Maple and I'm gonna wi..." Max was cut off by May excusing her brother's rude behaviour. "You should probably go sign in," Dawn whispered and everyone agreed as Brock, Misty, Max, Richie, Barry, Iris, Cilian, Clemont and Bonnie walked to the Pokemon centre to register for the tournament.  Dawn had become very quiet since the disappearance of Ash Ketchum. But where he was now nobody knew. A trainer claimed to have been attacked by Ash but there was no definitive evidence and the trainer had been labelled as crazy.

Ash pulled back slightly as his feet touched the pavement on Lumiose City. "ohh, is wittle Ashy scared that the floor is lava," Jimmy teased. "Come on, Remember what Giovanni said, little interactions with others because everyone thinks I'm dead," Ash recalled. "Can't we have a little fun," Jimmy whined. Why did Jimmy have ask like a child sometimes. Jimmy was mostly serious but when the Three Beast's were together they would joke around and make fun of each other. They exited the airport and were walking down the streets of Lumiose. Everything was fine until he heard a voice. A voice he hadn't heard in three years and a voice he hoped to never hear again. "Ash?" Dawn questioned shell-shocked. Ash panicked and did the logical thing ignored zoned out and kept on walking. "Ash!" This time it was May. Now Ash did not think this through, he did not think of the consequences and he straight up stated, " I see you've met my brother," Jimmy spat out what he was drinking and couldn't stop laughing, meanwhile Paul was wearing a shit-eating grin on his face. "Uhh, yea. I'm Red Ketchum, your friends older brother. Can't say it wasn't unfortunate what happened to Ash but I guess he just had some stroke of bad  luck." The traitors lowered their heads in shame, Ash smirked to himself. " Isn't that what you wanted," Paul questioned. "What are talking about?" Asked May. "Well, a lot of your other friends are Gym Leader's, isn't it your job to reward the strong and root out the weak," Paul Snickered. "Isn't that why you betrayed Ash, because you thought he wasn't worthy to challenge Cynthia," "we were misguided, it was Kenny's fault!" Dawn cried. "You fell for it," Ash replied, "That makes you just as bad." Suddenly Jimmy whispered in his ear, "Oi, we need to leave, look." Ash turned and visibly paled, there stood a group of older people who just walked out of the Pokemon centre. "Shit," Ash muttered.

"Well, it's been fun all of you," Ash said gesturing to Dawn and May, "but me and my friends really gotta bounce, later's," Ash looked up to check where the older pokedex holders were and the worst possible scenario happened, Green looked directed at him in the eye and nudged Silver who was next to him to look at Ash as well. It was at this moment that Ash realised he really needed to leave but suddenly he was grabbed by the collar and dragged into the nearest route. Ash hadn't realised that they had broken off from Yellow and the younger pokedex holders. Ash's gut landed on a tree root and made a crunching noise as he hit the ground. Ash's hat had fallen off when he hit the floor. When Ash looked up all he could see were five very angry pokedex holders standing in front of him, Ash peered around them, Paul and Jimmy were nowhere in sight probably convincing Dawn and May that he was not getting kidnapped. A kick to the face brought him back to the present, courtesy of Green. "Red Ketchum," Silver began, "after 15 years you finally decide to show your face," "I must say Silver, you look better than I imagined. I thought you'd have cables pumping coffee into your blood just so you can say you never stopped tracking a dead man." Silver was silent and Ash knew he had won. "After all these years Red, you have the audacity to show up here," Green yelled, "are you doing it for the money?" "Of course I am," Ash spat back, "who isn't," "you disgust me, old friend," Green seethed. "You know how much you hurt Yellow when you left all those years ago, she told me for the first week she tried to convince herself that you were just planning a surprise for her, the next week is when the tears started to come. And now you have the audacity to come here, the same tournament where Yellow is!" Blue screamed at him. "You say I have audacity to come here, and now both of you have the audacity to show your face after what you did all those years ago," Ash cried pointing to Green and Blue. "What is he talking about," Gold asked. "Tsk, you haven't told anyone, have you? I would expect no less from a trainer who stole her pokedex knowing that she was not worthy and a boy who only received a pokedex because his grandfather gives them out." Ash spoke calmly. "What did you do," Crystal asked pointing to Green and Blue but it was Ash that spoke first, "Why of course they made a deal 15 years ago, with the 9th Pokemon League Champion, six hours before the disappearance of Red Ketchum."