XI

❝ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓘 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽, 𝓽𝓪𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓘 𝓭𝓸𝓷'𝓽 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓷𝔂𝓫𝓸𝓭𝔂. ❞

𝓓𝓮𝓭𝓲𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓛𝓲𝓵𝓲𝓽𝓱

𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕕 ℙⅇ𝕣𝕤𝕠𝕟 ℙ𝕆𝕍

"Detective!" A panicked voice ringed as soon as the blonde girl accepted the call. But before she could utter the fact that they have dialed a wrong number, the dialer spoke again.

"Please help, this five year old child is being kidnapped from Sunshine middle school of sector B,"

"I am s-"

"Please, she's in real danger, please help me, help her," the girl was almost begging now. But before the golden haired girl could deny that she wasn't a detective, the opposite end disconnected. A sudden fear had as well creeped over the golden blond. She was soft.

"Who was it I?" Her pink eyes darted to the source of that voice. The man was sitting on a rocking chair in front of the large french windows facing the vast ocean. His raven locks caressed half his forehead which spread broad above his amethyst eyes. He wore a pair of ragged jeans but no tee, displaying his well muscled chest.

"A girl dialed this number looking for a detective. She said a child is being kidnapped."

"How can someone dial this number?" The beautiful man said earnestly.

"I do not understand," she bit her lower lip in nervousness.

"You must go and check Iris, this cannot be a mere misunderstanding. Fates are bitches but not imbeciles."

"You are right Morpheus, I must head to that place."

Iris snapped her fingers and vanished in a beam of rainbow.

Her mellow feet landed gracefully on earth, in a silent street. Not a single soul was visible. She headed towards the way she knew the school belonged. There was the hustle and bustle of several children running out of the exit gates. Cycles were being pulled out from the stand mercilessly as everyone was beaming with joy to exit the premises. She could not understand where to go now. There were almost six hundred children and anyone could be there to kidnap them.

Her feet subconsciously moved. People turned to stare at the beauty. Her golden curls were left untied while her torso was covered with a grey and black free-flowing knee-length dress. No jewellry, no makeup, she was a natural. The yellow highlights in her blonde hair turned purple in anxiousness.

Suddenly her eyes bulged out, a too familiar face crossed the way. Iris hid herself behind a tree immediately to not get caught. Everything was getting more and more puzzling now.

'What is Lady Thalia doing here?' She questioned herself staring at the golden haired muse in front of her. She wore a leather jacket, paired with white jeans fitting her perfect body. A matching white bag hung on her shoulder.

Lady Thalia picked out a brown packet from her bag and pulled some photos from inside it. She traced a few steps into the school and stopped in front of a little golden haired little girl. The little girl looked puzzled only seeing her visitor. Iris narrowed hr eyes to take in the features of that little girl and to her surprise, she had similar hazel eyes that of Thalia and the matching golden hair. Thalia bent down to look her in the eyes. The gilr gave her a hesitant smile, in return Thalia wiggled her fingers in front of the little girl and she drifted to sleep. Without further ado, Thalia held her tight to her body and started getting out.

This was it, Thalia was kidnapping someone. But why? Iris could not figure out and yet she could not let her take away the kid for whom she was specially called for.

Iris started following them. Both being highly sensitive to the senses, could hear each other's footsteps. Iris could not afford getting attention in front of these mortals.

Thalia took random turns to aviod the unknown intruder but Iris never left her chase. Finally Thalia walked into a dark and empty street. Trash cans lined the edges of the stinky place. Leaking pipes creeped up towards different rooms of the side buildings. She wrinkled her nose on entering the street and raised her fingers gently but before she could snap them, Iris covered her mouth and held her in a viper grip, simultaneously freeing the sleeping child. Thalia was struggling to get herself free but Iris was stronger than the muse of comedy. She kicked the back of her legs and Thalia landed on her knees. She let out a squeal as Iris elbowed her head and she drifted off to unconsciousness, not for long. Muses don't learn to fight while Lady Iris is taught by Artemis herself. She Grabbed on the child's fragile body and vanished with another beam of rainbow.

═━━━━◈━━━━═

"She isn't waking up." Iris informed her visitor. Almost the entire heaven was aware by now that Iris had brought a human to her temple. They weren't worried about her decision, she was an intelligent woman but they were perplexed.

"Do you know who called you Iris?" She asked in the flawless voice of hers.

"No, I don't know yet. It must have been one of the immortal phones and that's why she was able to dial my number and there's a possibility that she might be dead."

The well-built lady in front of Iris nodded. Her platinum tresses were twisted in a french braid. She wore gorgeous grey armour with a doe head in the centre. Her long legs were covered in raven leggings. She looked utterly gorgeous just like any other Goddess would but this aura around her was different from normal Goddesses'. The aura of bravery, courage and confidence.

"We'll have to notice the movements of Thalia now."

"Your huntress would help in this, won't they Artemis?" Iris was looking at the peacefully laid child. Her light golden hair spread across the multi colored pillow while her eyes pulled shut. For once Iris though that she'd ask Morpheus to meet her in the dream world but her chain of thoughts was soon broken.

"I'll send Molly and Oak. They are on earth already."

"Are they looking for the Moon?"

"They were supposed to be checking on Uncle's girl lately but this is important. We have traitors here." Artemis' brows furrowed together in dismay. The Goddess may be brave and sure a female but when it came to loyalty and betrayal, she never forgives anyone.

"Everything will be fine Arti." Iris tried to comfort her friend but both of them knew these were hollow words...

------❦------
Aloha lunis! So, how was your meet with Arti and Iris? And for the ones who do not know Thalia, she is the muse of comedy.
And if you don't know muse, than please goggle it.
Guys I got the fandom names, tell me which one are you:
Lilith fans: Lily
Yuri fans: Yoyo
Silver fans I am still thinking, you got some idea?

Updated on: 16.3.2021
Word count: 1160
The image attached above on THIS chapter does not belong to me.