𝙴𝙺𝙻𝙴𝙸𝙿𝚂𝙸-𝚇

Question of the chapter: Is it easy being yourself?

If anxiousness could harm physically, I would have been shattered by now and rebuilt just for the tourture to restart. It just doesn't fit right to me. About Thalia, about the little girl and the Oracle. Weeks have passed and yet we haven't heard anything from the oracle about the prophecy.

My velvety burgundy gown sweeps the shining semi-golden marbles of the castle where the King of Gods resides. It's easy to spot his room even though I haven't been here in a few decades because of the never ending moaning sounds. The castle is mostly empty because all Gods are off to their duties and Hera, the lady of the house could never stand being under one roof with that pervert. The aroma of olive and honey fills the air. I stop in front of huge white and golden doors which have designs running through its flawless surface. I knock twice on the doors but there is no reply. I bang it with all my power and finally an echo resounds from inside.

"Who's it!"

I smile hearing the annoyance in his voice. And reply in a calm voice, "One among your many children, father."

A scoff finds its way to my ears and I chuckled again before hearing his reply, "I have too many, sorry about forgetting you beautiful. Please tell me your name."

"Persephone it is. Dare not to keep me waiting father, my husband can shatter too many empires. Just saying."

No reply but the doors creak open. I can see Zeus laying on his huge bed all by himself, covered under sheets. A man, presumably Ganymede, is sitting at the corner of the room where there is a bar stand filled with barrels of Ambrosia, sipping a golden goblet and dressed in nothing but a pair of shorts, his golden hairs shooting in each direction and his caramel skin red with kiss marks. I scowl and stare at my father.

"I don't expect my brother to rage war on me because of you, daughter." He smirks. I return the smirk and sit on the edge of his bed.

"Are you really confident on your brotherhood or it makes you scared that he is richer than you, more loyal than you, better king than you, powe-"

"That's enough." He raises a hand to silence me. I grin broader.

"Is that why you are here Persephone, to brag about your kidnapper of a husband."

My eyes burn black from purple. I frown and speak through girtten teeth, "Never disrespect the King of underworld in front of us, the residents of Erebus or you shall forget how to fuck all those cocubines of yours."

He smiles but I see very clearly a drop of seat travelling down his neck.

"Why visit me then, Goddess of Spring?"

I close my eyes to handle the raging fire inside, "I come to ask you about the muse Thalia. Her appearance hasn't graced my eyes ever since Olympus stole her daughter."

Zeus raises an eyebrow in question, "Which daughter are you talking about?"

I knit my eyebrows together, "Her daughter, the little muse. Have you not seen the girl brought to Olympus by Iris. She brought her hair by stealing her from Thalia. But I and Hades think that thalia is betraying us."

In a blink of an eye Zeus is out of the bed, soaring towards his closet. She comes back dressed in a white himation.

"Come."

I step on the flower and snap my fingers once. Sweet fragrance of violets surrounds me as I get dissolved in their colour.

#

Before Zeus could pour out his heart by yelling at the messenger Goddess, we both stopped in our tracks, staring unbelievably at the Queen of the Gods. Her Golden dress spreading in patterns of the white bedsheet, cradling to her chest is a sleeping little girl with golden hair I very well remember.

"Hera!?" Zeus wisper yells. Hera shots him a glance and places the slumbering toddler beside Iris who indeed is sleeping as well. I can only imagine how tired she might be.

Hera walks out of the hearing range from both of them and we follow suit.

"What is it Zeus?" Hera says calmly, keeping her head high and not sparing a glance at her husband.

"How come you are here? And do you know who she is?" Zeus's voice is rather timid than it was with me. However, he doesn't fail to act otherwise.

"Indeed I know she is the daughter of Thalia. But that doesn't give me any reason to not be here."

I nod in agreement, enjoying the boiling Zeus. It's rare you see him getting annoyed on Hera, usually it is his cockiness making Hera upset.

"But...but Persephone here says Thalia is a traitor."

I nod again absent-mindedly and the realization hit me. I am to speak.

"Oh, yes lady Hera. Thalia is betraying us.She doesn't care an inch about the girl."

"The girl, Persephone, is Yuri and Thalia is none of my business," she looks at Zeus with disgust filled eyes, "Traitor she be to anyone, Yuri hasn't grown up with the knowledge of who her mother is. She is of no harm and I take the responsibility. And anything you want to do with her shall happen to me first."

This leaves Zeus taken aback. He didn't expect this, no one would ever expect this from the mother who threw her own son off the hill just because he was ugly. His mouth hangs open.

Iris walks up to us, rubbing her eyes and yawning softly but on seeing Zeus standing in front of her, the colours of her face fades.

"L-lord Zeus, lady Persephone." She bows. I smile at her.

"What is she doing here if she is of no use Hera?" Zeus questions, gritting his teeth.

"My apologies my lord but Yuri has nowhere else to go." Iris says.

"What do you mean and where did you actually find her Iris?"

Annoyance is clear in Zeus's tone. He never likes being left out of the conversation in his Empire. That makes him feel less powerful. Iris explains how she got a call form Lilith and how Silver died. Listening the end of her story, Zeus's eyes spark up in anger, electricity easily flashing across the eyeballs. The moon...dead...we are doomed.

"YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME ANYTHING!" Zeus roared. Hera's eyes widen and she steps in front of him.

"She didn't even tell me you jughead. But I am more active in keeping the tags on Olympians then you who indeed would have been fucking any other of the many when I came here to interogate Iris!"

Anger fills the environment. Zeus balls his fist and the lightning bolt materializes in his empty hand, shooting sparks in every direction but not touching anyone.

"Zeus!" A soft but urgent voice rings through the abode. I turn my face to stare at the addition to the husband-wife fight to find Thanatos holding a chestnut haired human in his arms.

"The moon is not dead."

═━━━━◈━━━━═
This was the second God POV chapter. Persephone aka Queen of underworld is the daughter of Zeus and Demetre and wife of Hades.
Her story is very intresting according to the myths. I'll give her aesthetic along with her husband's in the upcoming chapters.
By the way, did you check out the new aesthetics of Silver, Lilith and Yuri. I was so in love with Yuri's aesthetic.

Do you imagine Zeus as the same way above?