Legends Are Made

"And a gambling man. Bonnie, take off your shirt." Confused, I had to think twice about what Gold had said and I shook my head. He asked his son to take of his shirt? For fuckin' what? Luckily, my confusion stopped as he only took off his blouse, revealing a white shirt underneath it while his father explained what he wanted from Tommy. "What I want from you, Mr. Shelby, is for you to take a gamble on him. I want you to help my son achieve his ambition." Silence followed as Bonnie awkwardly boxed around in the invisible air, making me chuckle a bit.

"What ambition might that be?"

~~~

Walking right from where Tommy was walking, I shadowed him as Aberama and Bonnie followed us. It had been a long time since I had visited the factories, which was now registered under our name, and it also happened to be a long time for Thomas. The first step inside of the huge chaotic building, Thomas was already attacked with questions from every employee in a 100 mile radius. It looked as if they could smell him from afar. "Mr. Shelby, thank god you're back, we've got real trouble." A man in a gray Colbert which was closed by two buttons interrupted Tommy's hurried walk as he nearly tripped down the steal and small stairs himself.

"What meetings do I have today?" Tommy replied as he continued his rushed marching.

"Um, well, uh, there's a supplier from Coventry at 10:00, uh the convener with the boiler makers unit at 11:00, and then Chamber of Commerce at 1:00. But that isn't the thing..."

Tommy stopped for a moment and moved his cigarette over his lips like a brush before balancing it between his lips and lighting it. "Right. Clear the space here, move this car back, give me 100 feet of rope and a bell."

"Rope?"

"Yep, and a bell."

"Mr. Shelby, this place is about to explode."

"A rope and a bell, Devlin." Tommy stared at him with an switching face expression going from emotionless to stern before he pointed at the hallway to the right, not touched by the new information that was shared with us. "Bonnie this way."

"Yes, Mr. Shelby."

"And by the way, the revolution is scheduled to begin at noon." Devlin spoke up under his breath one last time with an sad tone in his voice.

"Devlin, don't worry about this place..." I started reassuring the man who wanted to just do his job properly, but was cut off by the careless man. "I'll discuss it with Tommy short after this is settled."

"Thank you, Miss. Gray." He bowed a bit with his already low hanging head and I did the same to show respect. He then disappeared out of sight, leaving me by myself. Well, that's what I hoped. I was reminded that Tommy had only took Bonnie with him, but he made Aberama stay at the same floor that I was on, particularly located behind me, leaning against one of the poles holding the second floor upright. Perhaps Tommy had done this for a reason, perhaps not, but I wasn't planning on keeping my eyes on him or holding him around like a dog on a leash. "Mr. Gold, you are free to reconnoitre around for some time."

"I rather want to ask ya some questions, if ya don't mind?"

"With all due respect, it depends on the questions, Mr. Gold." I silently hissed through my teeth as I had no intention to deliver him answers to question I did not want to answer.

"Where did ya stay before this happened, I think I have seen ya around before?"

"London." I stated, not saying anything more specific. I didn't know where this man wanted to go with the conversation we had, or better called a interview, but perhaps it was a good time to get to know him better as well. Learning his intentions. "May I ask where you were hiding before stepping out of the shadows?"

"Ya really do speak like a Baroness, Assassin."

"You learn something like that fast when you work with people who offer you a lot for something so easily." I returned. "But my name is Rioney Gray."

I didn't flinch when the man slowly held his hat with the tip and gave a nod. "Didn't mean to offense ya, Miss. Rioney." Those were the last words I listened to before tackling the thick rope to create a boxing ring for Bonnie. I wanted to do something else, rather than just hanging out with this man, having to deal with his questions and way of talking with him not answering mine.

~~~

"All right, you lot, come here, make it interesting and place a wager with me, I'll give you good odds. I'll give you good odds on the boy, even better on the big lad." Arthur yelled, trying to get as much wagers as possible and it seemed to work, men were in line to gamble on who they thought would win. "Now, there you go, what you want?"

"Bonnie, come here, son." Gold and Bonnie murmured something to one another and I knew it was some sort of tactic. I didn't think much of it and placed myself between Tommy and Gold to watch the game. It had been a long time since I joined something just for the fun of it. It reminded me of the peaceful times in the bars or clubs in London. The time before Tommy had reached out to me. The time before all the crazy things that had changed my life completely. Family. Friends. Lovers. That were the things I gained from that wrong encounter, but my head never left that one thought alone; What would have happened if I was never searched for? Even with that thought in the back of my mind, I never seem to regret the decision I made.

Smiling to myself, I focused my eyes on the fight that was about to start before me. Just willing to enjoy this, because sooner or later war was about to begin.

~~~

By the way, feedback is always welcome as long as it is respectful and I appreciate every comment and vote! I will always take my time to read every comment that is made and even react on it! ♥️ I also want to thank everyone who is still reading this fic. Have a lovely day/night!